No context menu! (Only sound effect when pressing F9 or right mouse click) (1 Viewer)

bt86bt

Portal Pro
December 30, 2008
Lund
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
UPDATE: SOLVED, I just did an reinstall and that did the trick :)

Hi.

I got a problem since a week back (after 1.2.2 update), I can not open the context menu in any plugin, in videoplayback or any place at all in Mediaportal. All my other commands work but not F9, not even when I right click the menu comes up, only the little "click sound".

I have tried with a different skin and disabling some plugins. No difference.
I have checked my keyboard shortcuts and they look ok.
I use Mediaportal 1.2.2.

It sucks a bit because I dont get access to the menu when I watch video - and therefor cannot activate subtitles - and not right click anything - so I can not get any options in mediaportal :(

Please give me some suggestions!
Thanks!

bt86bt

Portal Pro
December 30, 2008
Lund
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Tried disableing everything I can find, and removing plugins... Still no luck :(

Also I have noted that also the "shutdown" menu does not work anymore, just like the context menu.

Edit: Right now using watchdog to find out more...

bt86bt

Portal Pro
December 30, 2008
Lund
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I have now uploaded log files, where Medieaportal is running with default skin and using the setting "Report a bug to team mediaportal".

Edit: Now uploaded new logs where I also try pressing to get the shutdown menu up...

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello!
    Thank you for the log files. I think there was a serious problem with the update.

error.log shows three incompatible "plugins" (or .dlls).
    Code:
    PluginManager: Dialogs, Version=1.2.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null is tagged as incompatible with the current MediaPortal version and won't be loaded!
    PluginManager: ExternalPlayers, Version=1.2.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null is tagged as incompatible with the current MediaPortal version and won't be loaded!
    PluginManager: ProcessPlugins, Version=1.2.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null is tagged as incompatible with the current MediaPortal version and won't be loaded!

Also the dialogs.dll make problems:
    Code:
    2012-02-19 10:24:03.463174 [Info.][MPMain(1)]:  Load plugins from : C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\windows\Dialogs.dll
    2012-02-19 10:24:03.469174 [Info.][MPMain(1)]:  File Version : 1.2.2.0
    2012-02-19 10:24:03.478175 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: PluginManager: Dialogs, Version=1.2.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null is tagged as incompatible with the current MediaPortal version and won't be loaded!

In the mediaportal.log you can see this:
    2012-02-19 10:23:54.612668 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Main: MediaPortal v1.2.0.0 is starting up on Windows 7 ( Service Pack 1 ) [6.1.7601.65536]

which means something really went wrong with the Update on 1.2.2.0

Please try to run the update again if possible. ( I guess its not possible tho...)
    So you can take a look at this post: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/1-2-2-upgrade.103928/ .. Same problem as yours.

This helped for the users with the problem. Please try it too!
    However, if you look in your user folder, AppData (for me the full path is

C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Temp\MediaPortal Installation\deploy

obviously your username will be different, and it may be different for other operating systems)

You will see two files

package-mediaportal.exe
    package-tvengine.exe

these are the relevant parts of the installer. Run them in turn, and follow the (fairly obvious) instructions to run the update again.

AppData is a system folder, so you may have to make it visible using 'Folder and Search Option' (view tab).

Mark

bt86bt

Portal Pro
    December 30, 2008
    Lund
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hmm so when I look at the logs I am thinking it has something to do with this line:
    2012-02-19 10:53:26.042988 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Main: Shutdown dialog
    2012-02-19 10:53:26.044988 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: GUIWindowManager: Could not find window 2012

bt86bt

Portal Pro
    December 30, 2008
    Lund
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Doing a reinstall atm, will mark this thread as solved if it does the trick. Thanks for the help!

bt86bt

Portal Pro
    December 30, 2008
    Lund
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    That did the trick! Thanks for all of your input!

I just did a uninstall/install with backupsettings export/import :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom