MP2 - V2.1 No crash dump; unhandled exception cascade (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlhackque

Portal Member
June 3, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I had the MP2.1 pre 2 client crash - but have found no data to submit. So this is a report of failing to log a crash...

I was viewing TV, when the screen froze. It's OTA, and it's raining, so that's not completely unexpected. I wasn't paying careful attention - it may have been frozen for a relatively long time.

I closed the client window (X in upper right corner). I got an avalanche of "unhandled exception windows" I didn't count - maybe a dozen.

Nothing to do but close them.

I ran the log collector, and looked at all the logs with today's modified date. None mentioned "exception".

I looked for application dumps and found none. Also, nothing in event viewer.

Suggestion: create a default handler for exceptions so that you can log them, enable application dumps for your processes, or both. Or, if the cascade was due to an exception in a handler ... make sure that it un-registers itself while running or otherwise deals with recursion.

So far, this is a one-time event, so I don't have a reproducer, nor do I expect the initiating problem to be solved from this report. But the error handling could be improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom