No dvb-t subtitles in MP 1.4.0 recordings&live-tv on XP. (1 Viewer)

karniemi

Portal Pro
November 11, 2010
Hi,

not sure where to post since no further MP releases are planned for XP...

My problem is: I get no dvb-t subtitles in MP 1.4.0 Recordings&live-tv on XP (on IBM T41). _But_ watching the same .ts file via "Videos" shows the subtitles just fine. The former two sections seem to use MPs tsreader+filters, while "Videos" uses LAV splitter&filters. I pretty much tested & turned every configurion option I found, but did not get the DBV-T subtitles show up for Recordings&live-tv.

Do the attached graphs reveal anything?

Anyone else had such problem with DVB-T subtitles?

Is there any way to go totally for LAV filters? Or do I really need to have two different sets of filter chains working properly, LAV and MPs own?

Attachments

• viaRecordings.GIF
    viaRecordings.GIF
    28.5 KB
  • viaVideos.GIF
    viaVideos.GIF
    28.9 KB
Last edited:

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Did you enabled DVB subtitles? If I remember correctly they are disabled by default.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

That should apply to non DVB sourced subtitles only. As far as I remember DVB subtitles were fixed for XP (I did the fix, but I wasn't able to test - cannot remember who confirmed those to be working).

Windows XP is at the end of it's life - MS will unplug the life support in less than a year, unfortunately we cannot devote our small resources to such OS.

karniemi

Portal Pro
    November 11, 2010
    Yes, I know there's no continuity for Windows XP for long, and that MP 1.4.0 was the last release to work on XP. Still, attaching proper logs in case you feel a "need" to have a peek on the problem :). I have 3 XPs still running(two clients, one client-server) and dvb-t subtitles works in none of them.

Maybe these lines in mediaportal.log are related to the problem:
    Code:
    [2013-07-09 10:24:39,531] [Log	] [12	  ] [DEBUG] - OnSubtitle: Failed to copy bitmap data!
    On my one and only Win8, dvb-t subtitles are working also for Recordings&live-tv. Unfortunately, it makes no sense for me to get win8 for those 3 oldie-goldie computing machines: they can't run it, and it's not worth the cost...but that's my problem -not yours :). I still might try to get some extented time by shifting from MP-client to MPExtended or xbmc and just use MP as the server...presuming the MP 1.4.0 server still works on XP...

karniemi

Portal Pro
    November 11, 2010
    Hmm... is there some method to make Recordings&Live-Tv use the same (correctly working) dvb-t subtitle filtering mechanism that is used by Videos? Or is Recodings&live-tv hardcoded to use that "MediaPortal DVBSub3"?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Hmm... is there some method to make Recordings&Live-Tv use the same (correctly working) dvb-t subtitle filtering mechanism that is used by Videos? Or is Recodings&live-tv hardcoded to use that "MediaPortal DVBSub3"?

Live tv requires TsReader.ax and it is not compatible with anything else than MediaPortal DVBSub3.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I still might try to get some extented time by shifting from MP-client to MPExtended or xbmc and just use MP as the server...presuming the MP 1.4.0 server still works on XP...

...or just carry on using MP 1.3.0 on the XP clients.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom