No DVD audio after crash from defective disc drive

Discussion in 'General Support' started by wiyosaya, March 11, 2018.

1. wiyosaya
    • Premium Supporter

wiyosaya MP Donator

Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Show System Specs
    I just installed a new blu-ray drive in my PC and I was watching a DVD when the drive tray started continuously ejecting. I know this is a hardware error. However, I got out of MePo by using a media remote and the either "clear" or "cancel" key which closes MePo completely. I then determined the new drive was defective and reinstalled my old drive. When I put in any DVD at all, no audio plays. However, if I put in a blu-ray, audio works fine. Audio works fine for live/recorded TV, too. I assume there might have been a file open that got corrupted somehow.

I am hoping someone can help me out with this. I am attaching a log file - and my system specs are up to date - MP 1.18, Win 10 X64, etc are all up to date.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Owlsroost
    • Team MediaPortal

Owlsroost Development Group

Ratings:
    +3,299 / 1
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    It looks like it's putting both LAV Audio Decoder and Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder into the filter graph (which isn't good - only one audio decoder should be there normally), so I'd carefully check the settings in MP Configuration -> Codecs and Renderer -> DVD section

upload_2018-3-13_7-56-58.png

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. wiyosaya
    • Premium Supporter

wiyosaya MP Donator

Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Show System Specs
    Thank you for the tip. I went into the MePo config app, changed the settings on that page to something else, saved, then went back in and changed them back to the settings as shown - which was how they were set initially. After that, DVD audio started working again.

Thank you once again!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!