No DVD audio after crash from defective disc drive (1 Viewer)

wiyosaya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I just installed a new blu-ray drive in my PC and I was watching a DVD when the drive tray started continuously ejecting. I know this is a hardware error. However, I got out of MePo by using a media remote and the either "clear" or "cancel" key which closes MePo completely. I then determined the new drive was defective and reinstalled my old drive. When I put in any DVD at all, no audio plays. However, if I put in a blu-ray, audio works fine. Audio works fine for live/recorded TV, too. I assume there might have been a file open that got corrupted somehow.

I am hoping someone can help me out with this. I am attaching a log file - and my system specs are up to date - MP 1.18, Win 10 X64, etc are all up to date.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_11_03_18__16_02.zip
      1.2 MB

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It looks like it's putting both LAV Audio Decoder and Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder into the filter graph (which isn't good - only one audio decoder should be there normally), so I'd carefully check the settings in MP Configuration -> Codecs and Renderer -> DVD section

upload_2018-3-13_7-56-58.png

wiyosaya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thank you for the tip. I went into the MePo config app, changed the settings on that page to something else, saved, then went back in and changed them back to the settings as shown - which was how they were set initially. After that, DVD audio started working again.

Thank you once again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom