No DXVA with Cyberlink Codecs on Win 7 (1 Viewer)

waldi

Portal Member
April 14, 2010
Hello,

I have a problem installing the cyberlink codecs on Win7. It doesnt matter which version (tried 9 and 10).
PowerDvd installed correctly and i can select the codecs in the mediaportal configuration.

But whether the Mpeg2 nor the x264 codec is using the hardware acceleration. They are when I'm playing video files directly in PowerDVD.

After a few hours of research I found out that, no matter what I select in the powereDvd configuration dxva is not enabled. (See attachment). And it's getting better: no matter what i choose in this dialog it's not saved.

Any suggestions?

MediaPortal Version: 1.1 RC2
MediaPortal Skin: XFace
Windows Version: Windows 7 x64
CPU Type: AMD Athlon x2 240
HDD: WD 500GB
Memory: KINGSTON 2GB CL5 KVR800D2N5/2G
Motherboard: MSI KA780G
Video Card: 780G onboard
Video Card Driver: 10.2
Sound Card: onboard
Sound Card AC3: optical out
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: TECHNOTREND S2-3200
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: DTV-DVD
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec: DTV-DVD
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2°E
HTPC Case: Thermaltake Mozart
Cooling: boxed
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Attachments

• video decoder properties.png
    video decoder properties.png
    15.7 KB

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi waldi,

Could you download and install "Filmerit". It is a little program which checks the merrits of each splitter/filter/codec and looks if there are conflicts. If there are, you could uninstall all codecs, run Filmerit and with it get rid of all problems and reinstall all after that.

Also, maybe even too stupid to ask, can you check and see if you have ticked/unticked "Automatic Decoder Settings"?
SAF_VIDEO_configuration.png

Regards,

waldi

Portal Member
April 14, 2010
Hi edterbak,

I've reinstalled the codecs so many times, I think thats not the problem.

Automatic Decoder Settings are not checked.

The problem is not that mediaportal doesn't use the cyberlink codecs. I checked that with graphstudio. The codecs just don't use dxva. And cannot be configured to use it since it's just not saved when I check it in the codec configuration.

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I see, But have you checked with Filmerit if there is a conflict in codecs or a merit problem?

Ok, I presume you have seen and checked the subfolder (in configuration) in "codecs and renderer". There should be a tab where you can specify powerdvd to use hardware acceleration.

What language is your Win7 x64?

waldi

Portal Member
April 14, 2010
Filmerit showd no errors.

PowerDVD is set to use hardware in mediaportal configuration.

I'm using the english version of Win 7 x64.

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
December 9, 2005
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
PowerDVD is set to use hardware in mediaportal configuration.

I assume you're using the new, combined codec (CyberLink Video Decoder)? As far as I know MP configuration doesn't handle this. Have a look at the attached file and try adding the information to your registry (NOTE! This is from my _32bit_ Win7 with pdvd9. I don't know if you need to adapt it to your x64 edition.).

//Johannes

Attachments

• pdvd9.zip
    30.6 KB

waldi

Portal Member
April 14, 2010
Hi guys,

Sorry I didn't replied earlier, but I was very busy.

Wbunaarf you where right. The registry-file didn't work for the 10th Version of PowerDVD but it was the hint I needed. As you guessed right it was the MP configuration which doesn't handle the combined codec right.

I had to edit the registry settings. The picture attached are my current registry settings.

MP configuration set the right entries at the cl264dec and CLVSD node.
I added the MediaPortal node für clcvd manually and viola it worked.

As I nearly gave up, I hope this will help somebody before he's wasting hours on research.

Thank you Wbunaarf and edterbak for your help.

cheers Waldi

Attachments

• registry.png
    registry.png
    38.1 KB

hjid

Portal Member
January 12, 2010
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi!

Where do you find information about how your specific registry settings should be? I am for example using Win 7 32 bit and powerdvd 7.

Best regards,

hjid

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
December 9, 2005
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Where do you find information about how your specific registry settings should be? I am for example using Win 7 32 bit and powerdvd 7.

Using PDVD7 (or 8) I believe you can activate dxva using mp configuration rather than editing the registry directly.

//Johannes

waldi

Portal Member
April 14, 2010
hi hjid,

as Wbunaarf said. It should be enough to activate dxva in MP configuration. The bug i ran into only appears with with powerdvd 9 or higher. (I used version 8 before, so I'm pretty sure)

regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom