No EPG after RC1 to RC2 upgrade = database problem? (1 Viewer)

fanformusik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    TV-Server Version: 1.0RC2
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0RC2
    MediaPortal Skin: Monochrome 2.2
    Windows Version: Windows XP SP3
    CPU Type: AMD64 X2 BE2400
    HDD: 250GB Samsung
    Memory: 2GB
    Motherboard: GA-MA78GM-S2H
    Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 3200
    Video Card Driver: ATI Catalyst 8.5
    Sound Card:
    Sound Card AC3: optical out
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Floppy DTV
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
    1. TV Card Driver:
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: PDVD7
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: PDVD7
    h.264 Video Codec: PDVD7
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: KabelBW
    HTPC Case: HIPER
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote:
    TV: Viewsonic VX2835wm
    TV - HTPC Connection: Sub-D

Hello,

I upgraded from RC1 to RC2, and since then I do not get any EPG data, not from one single channel. In the logs (attached) I see error messages by TV server not being able to reach the database, but I don't know if this is the reason.

During upgrade I had problems with TV server, so I had to manually deinstall it and run a second install which went fine. But as this resulted in a lot of stability problems afterwards, I decided to manually deinstall TV Server again and run a third install, which again went fine. BTW, during all installs I could make a sucessful test connect to the database, and TV+Radio channel search runs completed without problems, so I suppose the data was written to the database. Or does this go to any other location?

What should I do to get EPG working again? Any Ideas? Please, help me.

Note: If "database" is the root cause, then this is a duplicate post and may be merged with this one:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/1-0-rc2-svn-builds-280/tv-server-unable-connect-database-43010/

fanformusik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Finally EPG is there. Not yet for all channels, but I will check how things proceed...

When browsing through the MP Wiki, I found that the Windows firewall may block the database communication, so I manually added SQL browser + Databse + TV Server to the list of non blocked applications. After that I ran tvsetup.exe with the --config-db option and made a test connection to the database (which went fine once more). I selected "all channels" in the EPG selction menu but I did not make specific language selections. A few moments after closing tvsetup, grabbing started.

In the logs I noticed that
    - the database connection error is still present (tvserver_error.log)
    - EPG grabber only grabs when no live TV (tvserver_epg.log)

Ok I am happy that EPG is back, but I still wonder why all of the above hasn't been present or necessary with RC1. And I wonder why EPG isn't grabbed during live TV.

johnzered

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    And I wonder why EPG isn't grabbed during live TV.

There's an option "epg grabbing while timeshifting/recording" in TV-server configuration/General settings/epg which probably isn't checked...

//johnzered

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom