1.15.0 No EPG due for unknown reason. (worked before)) (1 Viewer)

Al_Capone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    now and then , I need the edit the mediaportal.xml to make Norwegian audio default for DVB-S - because the GUI does not allow me to choose "nor" (NORwegian) , only uncommon stuff like nno, nob.

Worse: I am completely unable to make the EPG grab right data, because of this mess (see attachment)
    apparently I have "nno" and two "nob" - but not one of what really matters: "nor" - and I can't find a file to edit this in...

BTW: same problem with MP2

Attachments

• 281843_IMG_20161109_192011.jpg
      281843_IMG_20161109_192011.jpg
      149.2 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    is this place abandoned ?
    No. Sometimes responses take awhile because we have other priorities. Thanks for your understanding.

because the GUI does not allow me to choose "nor" (NORwegian) , only uncommon stuff like nno, nob.
    MP does not intentionally prevent selection of "nor". As explained in the past, the list of languages comes from Windows/.NET.

Worse: I am completely unable to make the EPG grab right data, because of this mess (see attachment)
    Do you understand that the list shown in your attachment is only used when EPG data contains titles, descriptions etc. for more than one language? In other words, the fact that "nor" is not in the list [on your system] will not prevent you from getting EPG data. Therefore please can you give a fuller explanation of why "this mess" is actually relevant.

- and I can't find a file to edit this in...
    The list comes from Windows/.NET as mentioned above.
    The setting value is stored in TV Server's database.

BTW: same problem with MP2
    I can't help you with MP2.

Al_Capone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    ok. :)
    as for the EPG, It has worked for years, - then stopped around april-may. this year - no amount of updating satellite list , or rescanning, even deleting all EPG and re-scanning helps.
    nor does MP2

I am again completely unable to troubleshoot it, as there are no simple way to see what's going on. (in terms of what's being found and what is not.)

- my wife wants to throw out MP from the house , to me it's a pity, while I would like to get completely rid of the windows, MP is the simplest way to have one computer with tuners, and stream in movie room ++. Finally, that would be the end of proper displays in bath and living room, as "TV"s would take over due to proximity to the dish.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Right - I guessed this all tied back to your previous EPG thread. ;)

as for the EPG, It has worked for years, - then stopped around april-may. this year - no amount of updating satellite list , or rescanning, even deleting all EPG and re-scanning helps.
    I guess that your wife doesn't care and just wants the problem solved, but nevertheless I'd like to emphasize again: the availability of "nor" in the EPG language list makes no difference to whether you receive EPG or not. At worst the missing "nor" could only result in EPG data for the wrong language (eg. maybe Swedish or Finnish instead of Norwegian). Receiving no EPG data at all is a completely unrelated problem.

I am again completely unable to troubleshoot it, as there are no simple way to see what's going on. (in terms of what's being found and what is not.)
    As above: if any EPG data were found - even for the wrong language - you would still see it. Therefore it seems most likely that nothing is found. This could be because:
    • EPG data is no longer available
    • EPG data is available in a different format that TV Server does not support
    • your EPG grabber config is incorrect, and that causes TV Server to not find the EPG data
    I'm willing to try to help you to regain your EPG data. For practical reasons I will need direct access to your TV Server using TeamViewer. Please remember I can only help with MP1.

Would you like my assistance?

Al_Capone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Yes, I did understand the country code is not the issue, I just grabbed onto that one thing I could guess in a desperate moment where I realized I were unable to troubleshoot further.

Yes, I would appreciate help very much, can install Teamviewer. will PM you :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just to close off this thread...
    Solution for no EPG data described here:
    Norwegain (Canal Digital) DVB-S EPG stopped working

Language code "NOR" being unavailable for selection in MP and/or TV Server Configuration is system-specific. The list of language codes comes from Windows/.NET cultures. With a little code, it's possible to add custom cultures for missing language codes:
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms172469(v=vs.100).aspx

For example, to create "NOR" based on "NOB":
    Code:
    CultureAndRegionInfoBuilder carib = new CultureAndRegionInfoBuilder("nr-NO", CultureAndRegionModifiers.None);
    carib.LoadDataFromCultureInfo(new CultureInfo("nb-NO"));
    carib.LoadDataFromRegionInfo(new RegionInfo("NO"));
    carib.ThreeLetterISOLanguageName = "nor";
    carib.Register();

If you want to remove it later:
    Code:
    CultureAndRegionInfoBuilder.Unregister("nr-NO");

Thread marked as "no bug".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom