No EPG for UK DVB T2 BBC One HD Since Broadcaster made changes (1 Viewer)

RGB

May 5, 2023
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Since the BBC integrated their regional programs into their BBC One HD channel in the last couple of weeks my MP2 shows "No program data." for the channel. I've rescanned and found a new channel called BBC One Lon HD but that also has no data in the EPG. Can anyone advise what I need to do to correct this?

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Since the BBC integrated their regional programs into their BBC One HD channel in the last couple of weeks my MP2 shows "No program data." for the channel.
    This happened to me too. If you rescan, TV Server will find the changed channel. Remember to specify Enable channel movement detection. This is of benefit for other channels, but the change to "BBC 1 HD" was the type of change that TV Server cannot detect, so the EPG for that channel could not be preserved. Hence an empty EPG for "BBC 1 HD" after the rescan.

You need to run your EPG collection process. If you use the broadcast EPG, you can open "TV Server Config" and select Refresh DVB EPG in the "Manual Control" section. It will take approximately 30 minutes to refresh the entire EPG.

If you use an internet EPG, you need to download and import an updated EPG.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

RGB

May 5, 2023
    Home Country
    Thanks very much for your help. I had just about resolved the problem when I saw your reply. Scanning worked on one of my machines but, for some reason, the new BBC ONE Lon HD appeared as Unknown 4--- on the other machine and it took some editing and a second scan to sort it out.

While researching I read something that implied that 'EPG while timeshifting/recording' and 'EPG grabbing while idle' should not be ticked together. Is that correct?

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    While researching I read something that implied that 'EPG while timeshifting/recording' and 'EPG grabbing while idle' should not be ticked together. Is that correct?
    The optimum settings for EPG grabbing will depend on your location in the world, and how you use your HTPC, so there is not a single setup that will suit everyone. This page in the Wiki explains some of the factors involved.

The timeshift and idle grabbers can both be enabled if you wish, but the optimum settings for the timeshift grabber somewhat conflict with the optimum settings for the idle grabber. This is a subtlety related to the number of channels you enable for grabbing:
    • With the idle grabber, you would normally select only one channel to grab from.
    • With the timeshift grabber, you would normally select all of the channels that you usually watch.
    If you use the idle grabber with multiple grab channels selected, TV Server will repeatedly and unnecessarily grab the entire EPG in turn from each of the grab channels.

On the other hand, if you use the timeshift grabber with only one grab channel selected, the EPG will be grabbed only when you watch or record that specific channel; the EPG won't be grabbed if you watch or record other channels, even if they reside in the same MUX as the grab channel.

The simplest setup is (probably) to enable the idle grabber, and specify values for Timeout and Refresh every that suit your style of use. In the UK it takes around 10-15 minutes to grab a full EPG, so I would specify a timeout of 20 minutes (TV Server stops grabbing when it has got the entire EPG). With this setup, you will probably notice that your HTPC seems to continue running after you have "switched off" (i.e. put it to sleep). This is because TV Server is grabbing the EPG. Your system will sleep when the EPG grab has finished.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom