[solved] No Fanart when playing (1 Viewer)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    My opinion is that the user should not open the configurator at all, once configured and forgot, I don’t remember when I opened the configurator, the plugin works on its own, without my intervention.

--
    WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, this depends on the amount of music, the configured maximum Fanart count and the user's affectation to his Fanarts. :)
    In my case there are some Fanarts which are not nice or similar to other existing Fanarts - especially on famous artists like Madonna (61 Fanarts).
    Unlike the FH Configurator, File Explorers give the possibility to easily search, compare and sort Fanarts. And the way to the Fanart and Thumbs config dialogs is long.
    But it's only a suggestion.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    FH works with a database, it does not look at file attributes.

--

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, I know.
    Does FH check the files before displaying Fanarts e. g. if they are existing and healthy?

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Check... :) But do not forget about the Media Portal, which likes to put a hidden sign on files. In general, I will not do this :) contrary to the concept of the plugin.

--

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Quick question: Can the FH database be accessed by SQLite Expert while MediaPortal is opened? Is multi-application access supported?

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Now I can give the duplicate check and fixed Fanart update a stress test. :)
    The new FH version has been running for several days now. It's fantastic - thousands of new Fanarts and album thumbs but no more duplicates and false-positives. Real good job, ajs!
    There's only one thing I'd like to ask you. In my database there are many manually scraped Fanarts which also exist online, sometimes at multiple sources. I this case FH downloads these Fanarts again on each playback and the spinning circle at the top and the progress bar on the bottom are displayed:
    Code:
    20-May-2020 06:52:31 Debug [               Utils]: Image: %TEMP%\The Corrs (8752).jpg is 0% different from image C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\Skin FanArt\Scraper\Music\The Corrs (8752).jpg.
    20-May-2020 06:52:31 Debug [             Scraper]: Download: Image: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\Skin FanArt\Scraper\Music\The Corrs (8752).jpg already exists in fanart folder, will be deleted...
    In this case, if the artist and the file size match exactly, could you please delete the manual Fanart and import the new Fanart to the database? Then, in future the Fanart would not be downloaded again and again.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    In my database there are many manually scraped Fanarts which also exist online, sometimes at multiple sources.
    The fact that the provider has the Local attribute is that at startup it read the FX from your directories, for what reason it was downloaded and the file was saved, but not imported into the database with the correct source, it is not clear. FH at the time of checking the picture for take, does not know anything about the source from which the file was received and where the previous pictures came from. Therefore, this will not work.
    I this case FH downloads these Fanarts again on each playback and the spinning circle at the top and the progress bar on the bottom are displayed:
    The only option that I see is either to replace the source in the database, or to delete pictures, clear the database of missing ones, and start playback. Or reduce the number of fanarts to 3, then there will be less attempts to download a picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom