[solved] No Fanart when playing (1 Viewer)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I think It’s possible to specifically reduce the resolution of pictures with the sign of a local provider, and then they will be overwritten and the recording should be updated. :)

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    My FH database contains round about 9,000 Fanarts. Many of them are not available online anymore and with a database reset I'd loos all those. And, given that with the high Fanart amount it's impossible to manually clean up them - I even don't have a list of manual source Fanarts which are available online.

Can FH react on this event
    "Download: Image: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\Skin FanArt\Scraper\Music\The Corrs (8752).jpg already exists in fanart folder, will be deleted..."
    and simply delete the existing manual Fanart from the database and import the new one?

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    and simply delete the existing manual Fanart from the database and import the new one?
    In order to rewrite Fanart in the database, you need to update the current i.e. replace it (disable the double check or replace because it has a larger size). Those. this is a side effect of a double check. If we do not replace it because it already exists, then we do not consider it as loaded and for this reason we cannot update the database since At this point, the file is no longer physically. :coffee:

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Right, in case the existing Fanart has a smaller or exact equal file size we can replace it. It already works fine for existing Fanarts with smaller file size, they get replaced.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    But again, I’ll think, maybe there is a hack to solve this problem ... :)

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    We insert wrong file information into the database. I'd prefer a professional solution which also applies in future if manually imported files become available online. And we even don't know if this hack works and if there are any side-effects.
    Is it much effort to implement this change? Do you have any concerns?

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    We insert wrong file information into the database.
    Why wrong? When start FH check all Folders, if folders have Fanart and dont have record in DB for this file, its import this Fanart to DB and set Provider - Local (Local folder - FH has no other information, and this is correct, in the source he wrote the local path, which is also correct). :)
    I'd prefer a professional solution which also applies in future if manually imported files become available online.
    FH supports many providers, and each has its own characteristics, Local Disk, it is also a provider that is equivalent to Online sites.
    And we even don't know if this hack works and if there are any side-effects.
    Is it much effort to implement this change? Do you have any concerns?
    The problem is one accurate identification of the source in the verification step of the newly downloaded file. The plugin is like a nesting doll, there are many providers, and the procedure for loading, checking, saving, etc. one. And she does not know who currently wants to take advantage of her. :coffee:

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for your reply. :)
    Probably I misunderstood the explanation of the hack.
    How to "specifically reduce the resolution of pictures with the sign of a local provider"? Do you mean changing the resolution in the database records or the files?

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Do you mean changing the resolution in the database records or the files?
    Files, change from 1920x1080 to 1919x1079 ... And FH Must replace it, or wait, maybe I'll come up with a solution. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom