[confirm] "No free card available" after idling for hours (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    K24A3

I obviously concur with Vasilich. Deleting the schedules from the DB (or TV Server config as the case may be) should solve the problem, but it won't tell us what caused or triggered it. It would be awesome if you had the logs to show when this problem started happening (unfortunately your earlier logs don't seem to show this). In particular I'd be interested in the tv.log and error.log...
    mm

K24A3

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2010
    Home Country
    The problem started months ago and I reinstalled MP last week so I doubt I have the logs you are looking for. But I'll see what I can do. I may start MP in debug mode for now on so I can capture the event when it happens.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The problem started months ago and I reinstalled MP last week so I doubt I have the logs you are looking for.
    Okay. Do you at least know whether you were using 1.1.x or 1.2.0x when the issue started? From my perspective I'd just like to avoid such a problem being present in 1.2.0 if at all possible...

But I'll see what I can do. I may start MP in debug mode for now on so I can capture the event when it happens.
    Cheers!

:D

K24A3

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2010
    Home Country
    I've been using 1.2.0 beta and alpha since they were available, from what I can remember it happened in both versions.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks once again. Obviously that isn't really the news I wanted to hear but better to know about a potential problem than bury our heads in the sand and ignore it...

K24A3

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2010
    Home Country
    Not a problem. Thanks for looking into the problem.

I've been using MP for 2-3 years now and I don't recall it happening in earlier versions so the problem may have been introduced in 1.2.x. But I can't be sure..

I'll let you know the results tomorrow.

K24A3

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2010
    Home Country
    It happened again today after leaving it idling overnight, even after removing the schedule that caused it last time on ch9.

At 8.30am MP tried to record something on channel 10, but the TS file is missing and a scheduler is stuck on ch10. I can only view channels on ch9 and ch10 at the moment, all other channels say "no free card available".

Manual Control shows that a Recording is active on ch9 (which is true), and ch10 is idling but assigned to user schedule352.

Maybe the USB TV Tuner is going into a low power state or something, limiting MP's ability to tune into a channel. I turn the monitor off at nights so maybe that is having an effect. But the strange thing is, MP recorded something 4 hours later perfectly fine in the same state (monitor still turned off). Perhaps MP has morning sickness :p

For every USB Hub in device manager, I've disabled "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". I'll see how that goes...

Perhaps MP can be modified to close the failed scheduler if it fails to record a program (say 10 minutes after the program end time has passed).

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi K24A3

Have you got logs this time?

mm

K24A3

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2010
    Home Country
    It wasn't in debug mode at the time. I'll enable it tonight and try again.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Logs would still be available. Just enter the following into the address bar of Windows Explorer, zip up the files that you find there, and attach them...

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\log

mm

PS: alternatively, use the watchdog with option 3 to grab all existing logs. The point is that MP is always producing logs even when not started in debug mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom