No Free Card Which Can Recieve Channel (1 Viewer)

tsull360

February 15, 2006
Hello,
I've just got done installing media portal for the first time, and have gotten the EPG all setup and going (whew!).

I'm having a problem though watching any tv channels. Basically anytime I try to tune in a channel, I get the error message in the subject in the mediaportal.log file.

Immediatly after installing media portal, channels came up fine, however since then I have joined the computer to my windows domain. It is since that time that channels no longer work. I am still logging on to the computer though as the local admin account, which was the account used to install MP.

I am using an Hauppage MCE500 PVR tuner, and both tuners show up properly in device manager and are using the latest drivers from the Hauppage web site. I've also reboot to make sure nothing else is using the cards.

I've searched the forums and the wiki for a solution to this, so hopefully this isnt a gimme problem. Any pointers or suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
Tim

tsull360

February 15, 2006
Fixed?

Ok, sleep be damned!

I think I fixed it myself. When you go into the setup progam, and look at the cards themselves, neither of them had any channels assigned. Once I assigned all channels to both cards, things were good to go.

Odd, to say the least.

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom