No Free Cards Available?! (1 Viewer)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi. I'm not aware of anything I have modified or installed recently which could of caused this, but all of a sudden I have this error all the time, even after multiple reboots and I'm unable to view TV at all.

Wonder if someone could possibly view the logs and maybe give some suggestions I could try to correct the problem.. (btw my system specs in my profile are fully upto date).

I just cleared all the logs, ran in debug mode, tried to view a channel and then attached the logs.

Thanks!

Last edited:

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Just for info, if I fire up tvserver config, in manual control, all the cards report idle. But if I do anything in manual control or try to preview a channel in tv channels, it says all cards are busy.

EDIT: Just installed DVBViewer and that works ok so I'm assuming its not my card or machine and its TVServer thats not having any of it..

Last edited:

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have the same problem each time the HTPC is rebooted or wakes up out of hybernation, since I have installed Windows 8 Pro on my HTPC.. But had similar problems under windows 7 Pro now and then.

TV works again if I close Mediaportal, then restart TVservice (ctrl-Alt-Del> taskmanager>then at the far right side upper tab "services"> right click on TVService> restart..) and then start MP again.

I have searched for an option that restarts the TVService, after reboot or wake up from hybernation/sleep.. but could not find it.

willemx

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I also have this problem frequently. I think that (on my system) it has something to do with the EPG grabbing process not releasing the card. Now I let the TV server PC reboot itself every morning. This does not solve the real problem of course, but in this way it causes me less trouble.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    I tried powerscheduler for restarting my cam but I never got it to work well. I finally settled on this solution for triggering actions on sleep and on resume. Obviously this doesn't solve any problems with 'why' tvservice needs restarting..

- Download PSTools http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/sysinternals/bb896649.aspx
    - Download Power Triggers http://win7suspendresume.codeplex.com/
    - Create a new folder for example 'C:\Commands'
    - Extract PSTools.zip and place 'PSExec.exe' in the created folder
    - Create a new text file in the created folder called 'RestartTVService' and change its file extension to '.bat'
    - Open the 'RestartTVService.bat' file in a text editor and put the following line at the top
    'C:\Commands\PsExec.exe -accepteula -u WINDOWSLOGINNAME -p WINDOWSPASSWORD -h net stop TVService && net start TVService'
    - Install Power Triggers 2 and then open it from the system tray
    -- On the resume tasks, click the button with 3 fullstops
    -- Click the 'Stop Process' tab
    -- Click the 'Other' button
    -- Click the button with 3 fullstops and navigate to, then, select your 'rerstartvservice.bat'
    -- Click 'OK' to close the dialogue
    -- Click 'OK' to close the dialogue again

TVService should now restart on resume. You may want to restart your machine also to ensure changes take effect.

I like that you can add any number of actions and work in logic etc for both resume and standby events :)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Oh and btw, my original problem with the free cards was resolving by repairing the database. Something was screwing up when it was trying to load the EPG.

This command..

Code:
    c:
    cd \program files\mysql\mysql server 5.1\bin
    mysqlcheck mptvdb --auto-repair -e -u root -p --password=MediaPortal

.. completely fixed the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom