No image for webTV "my radio" (1 Viewer)

Jean-Marc

Portal Pro
February 28, 2007
Home Country
France France
Hi everybody,

I used to mix webTV (files .asx.wvx .wsx mms: etc...) with web radios in the "my radio" section, without any problem with MP 0.2.2
Now with MP 0.2.3 I have no problem to listen radio, I have the sound for the web TV but no more image!!

What happens? I use the same codecs as before, MP RC3 and the VSN from october 5.

Thanks for your help.

TritonT

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I'm pretty sure using logos for streams in My Radio was broke before the recent changes in TV Server My Radio (which broke dvb-t and dvb-s radio). So now I can have sound with no logos (web) or no sound with logos (dvb-t/dvb-s)!

You gotta see the funny side!

I think it got broke in svn15XXX. I'll check back to see if anyone metioned it at the time.

Jean-Marc

Portal Pro
February 28, 2007
Home Country
France France
Thank you for your answers, but I am not using TV server and the "my radio" pluging of this TV server.

I used in the past, and now also try to use the general "my radio" plugin that is in the main menu. As I don't have Tuner card, I listen web radios and watch web TV!

I read the changes you are speaking about, LEVEL20peon, and it is well explained that these changes were only done for the TV server.

Do you have image, Triton and Level20, in the radio section if you put, as http, for example

http://www.bloomberg.com/streams/video/LiveFR_nb.asx (Bloomberg stream tv in french) ?

Well I don't know what happens, it was working fine with MP 0.2.2!

Thanks again!

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    TritonT: Have you tried the guide linked in my signature for making thumbs work on previous SVN's ?

Jean-Marc: Well since you haven't provided any System Info I only could guess...

-level20peon

TritonT

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    level20peon: All my streams are direct database entries, I have no playlists. It used to work just fine.

Jean-Marc: I am pretty sure the ability to show the thumbs was first broke in the MediaPoral SVN (since 0.2.2) not the TV Server plugin. I will see if I can figure out when.

Jean-Marc

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    Sorry!

I use MP 0.2.3 with SVN of october 5. (16122)
    Windows XP pro, pentium 4 2,5 Ghz, 1G memory
    video card nvidia 5800
    I try to watch tv streams with the "my radio" plugin that is in the main menu

This option worked great with MP 0.2.2, I just desinstall 0.2.2 to install 0.2.3 with exactly the same configuration (codecs) and now I can't watch web tv (but the sound is ok!)

Any idea?

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Sorry!

I use MP 0.2.3 with SVN of october 5. (16122)
    Windows XP pro, pentium 4 2,5 Ghz, 1G memory
    video card nvidia 5800
    I try to watch tv streams with the "my radio" plugin that is in the main menu

This option worked great with MP 0.2.2, I just desinstall 0.2.2 to install 0.2.3 with exactly the same configuration (codecs) and now I can't watch web tv (but the sound is ok!)

Any idea?

Jean-Marc,

Radio is sound and we use BASS player for that, when you've seleccted it as a music player.
    therefore you won't see pictures.
    sorry about that.

Jean-Marc

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    Thank you hwahrmann for your answer, but I have selected, in MP main menu, the option "play internet streams with WR9", not with BASS.

So my questions are:
    - Why it worked fine before, with 0.2.2 and not now: has the radio section (not the one in TV server but the radio section in the main menu) changed?
    - If yes, how and in wich section can I play internet TV video streams?? For example, how I do to read that: http://live.france24.com/france24_fr.wsx

Thanks again.

JMarc

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Yes, Radio has changed in 0.2.3.

in 0.2.2 we were always using WMP. There were many requests to use BASS engine for Radio, to have the same MusicPlayer for Music and Radio.
    Now i have no choice to find out, if behind a url i have an audio stream or a video stream.
    Therefore Radio just plays Audio streams, if the BASS engine is selected as Music Player.

Your Video Plays fine in the My Video Section. This is the place where i would put it anyhow.
    Simly create a Playlist, with the style below in the folder pointed to by the Video Playlists and you're all set.

Code:
    [playlist]
    NumberOfEntries=1
    File1=http://live.france24.com/france24_fr.wsx
    Title1=Live France 24
    Length1=-1
    Version=2

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom