[solved] No image thumbs in MP2 (1 Viewer)

dgibson

Portal Member
May 3, 2014
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello, I wanted to check that MediaPortal 2 is supposed to display thumbnails of pictures within an image media source. My images are stored on a NAS and configured using a UNC path as an image source. The images display OK and the metadata associated with them are extracted and displayed - but there are no thumbnails :-( ... see screen shot.
missing thumbs.png
I think that the there are supposed to be thumbnails and from searching the site/forums it appears that the ShellThumbnailProvider is supposed to generate them. Thumnails display correctly I cannot see anything of relevance within the Server log as a result of reimporting the images (I maybe looking in the wrong place) but I can see that the ShellThumbnailProvider code does not perform any logging.

I have looked through the forum and I have not managed to find anything - more than likely I'm not using the correct keywords.

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi dgibson, do you have thumbs in your folder if you pass through "Browse Media" instead of "Picture Library" ?

dgibson

Portal Member
    May 3, 2014
    Home Country
    Hi Kilik360, I do get the thumbnails when in "server view" :) ... but not when on "local view", is this difference significant?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    "local view" scans the folders live and only will use existing thumbnails that explorer created before (cache).

the "server view" depends on the imported items in the MediaLibrary, where thumbnails are extracted during import.

If you like to use only folder structure to navigate, keep the "server view" and use "browse by folder"

Edit: I checked your screenshot again, it is a server view, browsing by year. This probably means thumbs where not extracted during import. I will check this...

dgibson

Portal Member
    May 3, 2014
    Home Country
    So if I understand you correctly morpheus_xx both "Browse Media" in "Server View" and "Image Library" should use the the cached thumbnails created during the import. But one is working and the other is not, can I provide any information to assist with diagnostics?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Damn, it's a "one character" bug :(

Open the file C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\SkinBase\plugin.xml in a text editor, search for
    "<Register Location="/Media/SkinSettings/default/default/Images/OptionalMIATypes">" and remove the "s" from images.

The thumbnails where simply not loaded with the query. Thanks for reporting!

dgibson

Portal Member
    May 3, 2014
    Home Country
    I removed the "s" as above and all working perfectly now, many thanks for looking into this and such a quick resolution!
    :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom