no import path?? (1 Viewer)

SteveZissou

Portal Member
January 24, 2009
so here i am, toal mediaportal and movingpictures newbe...

this plugin looks stellar and i would love to get it to work

installed it in the plugins\windows folder but when I open it in media portal I get a "no import path" error message saying

"it doens't look like you have [...]
you should close mediaportal [...]"

hmm,, feel a bit ashamed :oops: but... where do I configure the import path?? :D

LRFalk01

Portal Pro
August 27, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
so here i am, toal mediaportal and movingpictures newbe...

this plugin looks stellar and i would love to get it to work

installed it in the plugins\windows folder but when I open it in media portal I get a "no import path" error message saying

"it doens't look like you have [...]
you should close mediaportal [...]"

hmm,, feel a bit ashamed :oops: but... where do I configure the import path?? :D

Everyone has to start somewhere. Before we start those, make sure you put your skin files where they are to go as well.

You need to open up the MediaPortal Configuration.exe from your start menu. From this windows you will need to go to the bottom of the list on the left side to 'Plugins". From this list you should see "Moving-Pictrues" in the Windows Plugins section. Click this. At the bottom of the window you will see buttons. Make sure that Moving-Pictures is enabled (although I think it is by default). I would also click the "In Home" button. This will make it show Moving-Pictures is show on my main MediaPortal screen and not under plugins. After all of this, click the button that says "Config". This is where you setup Moving-Pictures. The top of the default tab is where you select which folder(s) Moving-Pictures is to scan for movies to display.

-LRFalk01

SteveZissou

Portal Member
January 24, 2009
aoutch :oops: did not see the config button in the first place although I went there a few times to activate the plugin

is there a wiki somewhere to explain the basic stuff? I couldn't find anything and don't want to bother with my baby steps :D

:D thank you so much for getting me started :D really looking forward to get my stuff in there!

SteveZissou

Portal Member
January 24, 2009
thank you! this plugin is friggin awsome! never seen such a complete movie recognition (even foreign / short films). I haven't launched the media portal yet to see it in action but I'm already blown away :)

now that I have seen how sleek movies are presented with this I'm literally nuked (was hard to find superlative to blown away :D).

I'll start uploading some backdrops for the movies still missing ones, can somebody recommend which site to upload to?

anyway this plugin is simply movie buff heaven :p

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
The plug-in pulls backdrops from themoviedb.org so anything you upload there will be pulled back down.

And FYI the plug-in automatically searches for new artwork on launch, and you can force a refresh on a movie by movie basis (if for example you uploaded a backdrop) from the context menu in the GUI (press F9 on the movie details page).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom