No IPTV for Switzerland, no DVB-C for Zug (1 Viewer)

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    MediaPortal Version: 1.2.0RC
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue3 Wide
    Windows Version: Win 7 Pro
    CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 @3 GHz
    HDD: Samsung HD154UI 1500GB
    Memory: 3 GB DDR 400 DIMM
    Motherboard: FIC P4M-915GD1-LF
    Video Card: Club HD3450 256MB DDR2
    Video Card Driver: 8.56.1.15 (Microsoft WDDM 1.1)
    Sound Card: Realtek High Def. Audio
    Sound Card AC3: no AC3
    Sound Card Driver: Microsoft 6.1.7600.16385
    1. TV Card: Terratec Cinergy C PCI HD CI
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
    1. TV Card Driver: 1.1.2.501
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow / Cyberlink
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
    h.264 Video Codec: MPC / Cyberlink
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Telezug (WWZ) Switzerland
    HTPC Case: FSC Scaleo E (FIC Spectra)
    Cooling: OEM
    Power Supply: OEM
    Remote: One For All XSight Touch
    TV: InFocus TD40
    TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

Trying to migrate into the digital world has left me high & dry!
    When I try to configure IPTV, I can't even "scan for channels", because there is no "Service" in the drop-down list fro Switzerland. I have tried this with with 1.13 (under both Win XP 2005 MCE RU2 SP3 and under Win 7 Pro), with 1.20 RC and even with the new experimental IPTV package.
    Similarly, I can't even use my shiny new DVB-C adapter. I can at least choose "Switzerland" from the "Country" drop-down list, but after that, there is nothing relevant to choose from the Region/Provider list. I live in the canton of Zug and my provider is Wasserwerk Zug (WWZ).
    My attempts to scan anyway have produced radio stations, but no TV stations.
    When I set up the Terratec card under XP MCE with the manufacturer's SW, it worked fine!

P.S. After rescanning with the new provider "sasag", I now get TV channels in TV Server Setup, and even EPG info in MePo. However, no TV! If I try to play TV, I get "No free card available". Also, it's hard to be sure, but I don't think I have all of the same channels I did after autoscanning with the Terratec SW. Logfiles are attached.

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    AW: No IPTV for Switzerland, no DVB-C for Zug

sali rsbrux

You need a scanfile (as below) to find DVB-C channels from Wasserwerk Zug. Do you have some parameters from your provider like the frequency, modulation and the symbolrate? its is recommended to find some channels (frequenzliste). have a look to my list i've attached, which have all frequencys for a full scan. if you can't find a channel, maybe you have to chance the symbolrate (standard: 6900) or the modulation (64QAM or 256QAM). you can edit it with the notepad.

copy the .XML list to follow path:
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TuningParameters\dvbc

e gruess
    bribbon

Attachments

• Swiss.Fq306-882_SB6900_Mod64Qam.xml
      10.3 KB
    • Swiss.Fq306-882_SB6900_Mod256Qam.xml
      10.3 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    :D bribbon_81 - you're exactly right! :)

rsbrux: if the options in the country, region or provider aren't there, it is simply because nobody has provided the tuning detail list for that region yet. Hopefully you are able to get the details from your provider(s). Once you do, we can help you add them to TV Server for testing, and then eventually commit them permanently so that everyone has access to them.

Best regards,
    mm

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hopefully you are able to get the details from your provider(s). Once you do, we can help you add them to TV Server for testing, and then eventually commit them permanently so that everyone has access to them.
    Attached is what I got from my provider. It looks like a lot of work to convert it into what bribbon posted. The provider seemed to think all I needed to do was start a scan at 378 MHz using QAM-64 6900 symbols/sec. Do we really need a freq. list for each provider, or could we use a generic entry in the droop-down list for this kind of scan?

Attachments

• WWZ__Frequenzliste_digital.zip
      107.6 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Try the attached one... :)

[Edit: ...and in answer to your question, "no". As long as the broadcaster provides information about all their frequencies you can:

1. Open TV Server configuration.
    2. Go to the scanning section for the DVB-C tuner.
    3. Enable "use advanced tuning options".
    4. Select "search for transponder list".
    5. Enter the parameters from your provider (frequency = 378000, SR = 6900, modulation = 64 QAM).
    6. Click "scan for channels".

Everything should be found. Please test the tuning detail file though because it is better if the provider is available for everyone else.]

Attachments

• Switzerland.Wasserwerk Zug.xml
      4.2 KB

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Yeah I already figured it wouldn' hurt to try what you suggested with "search for transponder list". This found a lot more channels, but most are red (scrambled). I have a CAM w/smart card attached which works w/the Terratec SW, but I guess MP doesn't use it. I can see the provider's info channel, which is unscrambled, but that's about it. WWZ requires CI to view everything, even channels which belong to the basic ("free") package. Logs attached.
    I'll try out your XML file and report back.
    Thanks for your help!

P.S. Your XML file was at least as good as the "search for transponder list". The XML file resulted in finding 254 channels. I think it was only 253 for "search for transponder list". However, I still have the problem of not being able to view any encrypted material. Attached is the result of a channel test run after the scan using your XML file. If you include the XML in the final release, you may want to rename it. After closer examination, the correct way to write out WWZ would be "Wasserwerke Zug". The utility uses the term "datazug" and previously also used "telezug" to identify their communications offerings (as opposed to electricity, their primary business). "telezug" is the identification used in Windows Media Center, but it no longer appears on the WWZ website.

P.P.S Sorry, forgot the channel test results file.

P.P.P.S.
    Just found this wiki page, which tells how to enable CAM (doh!). Now I am having success in test for most scrambled channels (new text file attached). The variety of different error messages is somewhat confusing. The "all cards are busy" message is what I got for just about everything before editing the card setup to activate the CAM, so the differentiation between "busy" and "scrambled" seems a bit suspect. Theoretically all channels should be available to me for a trial period (until the end of this month), so I don't understand why some channels still say "scrambled". Some also say "no PMT found", a problem also reported here. Since I am not using MDAPI, it looks as though my only hope is to rescan everything. The average tuning time of around 10 seconds is pretty scary! Any tips will be gratefully accepted!

Attachments

• channel-test.txt
      112.3 KB
    • channel-test-2.txt
      13.7 KB

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    AW: No IPTV for Switzerland, no DVB-C for Zug

Dear mm1352000

I've attached a newer version for: 'dvbc/Switzerland.cablecom.xml' (date: 11.02.2010; MP1.2.0RC included). Maybe you can change this list before the MPfinal comes? then you have to change the name to: 'Switzerland.UPC Cablecom.xml' (because of a new company name).

[Edit: or you like to make a second one, then it is: 'Switzerland.UPC Cablecom (Bern).xml'. but I am almost certain that my list was working in all the differnet UPC Cablecom-regions.]

:D bribbon

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi folks

The 1.2.0 final installer has been built already because we've been testing it - no chance to change it now. You can submit updated tuning details at any time -->here<--. If you submit now then there is a good chance they will be included in our 1.2.x follow-up release.

rsbrux: your logs don't show the PMT issues. They only seem to show the scrambled issues or scan from earlier. Please post new logs showing the new problems. I'd prefer you not to use the test tool as it makes the logs very long. If you can reproduce the problem with only a handful of tunes then that would be better.

mm

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    @rsbrux: your logs don't show the PMT issues. They only seem to show the scrambled issues or scan from earlier. Please post new logs showing the new problems. I'd prefer you not to use the test tool as it makes the logs very long. If you can reproduce the problem with only a handful of tunes then that would be better.
    OK, I will make you some new logs, but I will do a rescan first, to see if that eliminates the problem. It may take a day or two as I am experimenting with other OSs right now. On the whole, I am very pleased with 1.20RC under Win7, but there are a few things about Win7 I find annoying. You guys are doing a great job! MP just keeps getting better & better!
    P.S. After activating the CAM in TV Server Setup, I still don't see anything in the CI menu. I will try to access it again when I make you the new log files, just in case it shows anything interesting. BTW, this is not a show-stopper for me, just nice-to-have.

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    hi mm,
    Sorry for the long delay, but I reinstalled everything from the OS up, and have had little time for this beside my "day job" -;)
    After a virgin install of MP 1.21, I first performed a scan with your XML file, which only turned up 232 channels this time.
    All of the channels except 1 were marked scrambled (shown in red), which is technically speaking probably true. It isn't very helpful however, because I would like to deselect just the ones I can't decode with my CAM, and don't fancy previewing each of the 200+ channels to figure out which ones they are. ;-)
    In hope of a different result, I deleted all of the channels and rescanned using "search all transponders". This came up with 253 channels, as before, of which all but 3 show as scrambled. One of these is probably a dud. Anyway, to finally respond t your request, this is the configuration I used to reproduce the "no pmt" error message. The (2nd set of) logs includes 2 (preview) tuning attempts, 1 successful and 1 with the pmt error. Both channels are scrambled, but the successfully previewed one (SF1) definitely belongs to my subscription, whereas the one producing the PMT error may not. My trial periond has presumably expired, so I would be very interested in some way to automatically exclude the channels I can't decode.
    BTW, I would also like to get IPTV working. Do I still need to apply the patches described in this thread, or has this already been rolled into MP v1.21?
    Thanks for all your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom