No live tv !

Discussion in 'Codecs, External Players' started by si11, September 4, 2017.

1. si11

si11 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I cannot get live tv to work using madvr as the video renderer, it comes up with a message " unable to play: live 3-0.ts " , the live tv works fine if i tick the use evr, but the reason for wanting to use madvr is the 3dlut.

Any help with this would be great thanks.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. joecrow
    • Team MediaPortal

joecrow Test Group

Ratings:
    +1,140 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    I get that error if Madvr is not installed. It is not included with MP so I have to ask if you have installed it seperatly ? If no you can download it from here. If yes did you run the install.dll with "Run as administator" (a must regardless of whether or not the account has admin privs.). When properly installed you should see the same as in the attached screenshot.
    madvr.jpg
    Hope that helps

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  4. si11

si11 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    Thanks for the reply, i already have madvr installed, i have used it with various other programs, my only other thought is do i need to place the madvr folder within mediaportal program, as it stands now madvr sits in a folder on my desktop.

5. daWooky
    • Premium Supporter

daWooky MP Donator

Ratings:
    +920 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    strange if it happens only with tv but you can try to move the folder to a more suitable place (e.g. your windows program files or similar) and install again.. first uninstall.bat then copy the folder and install.bat once again

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. joecrow
    • Team MediaPortal

joecrow Test Group

Ratings:
    +1,140 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    No madvr does not need to be located in the MP folder, on my Desktop PC it is in C:\ Program Files, but on my HTPC it is even on a different disc from the OS (I think that is recommended somewhere or other). Just to be sure I uninstalled Madvr and tried with one I installed on my desktop, but it still worked OK..
    You may want to try a quick uninstall/install of Madvr and retry and also confirm it is still working with a different program e.g. MPC-HC. If it is still no go then I suggest you post a log for a time covering the failure so the devs can take a look and hopefully pinpoint the problem.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. si11

si11 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    Thanks for the replies, i moved the madvr folder to the same folder as the appdata for mediaportal and ran the install bat again, and it all works ok now.

• Like Like x 3

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!