No More AnyDVD (1 Viewer)

kaigame

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 9, 2005
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hi all,

I don't post much, but i felt that i had to ask this in light of todays events:
    https://torrentfreak.com/popular-blu-ray-ripper-shuts-down-following-legal-pressure-160224/

As there is no more AnyDVD, and i've been relying on it for my Bluray playback, i was wondering if there is another tool which works in the same way, i have no interest in ripping my Bluray disks, all i want is for the protection to be stripped so that they will play in Mediaportal.

Are there any other tools which work in a similar way, with regular updates? I'm kind of pissed off seeing as i have a lifetime license for AnyDVD and now it's worth squat!

Any help?[DOUBLEPOST=1456342185][/DOUBLEPOST]found this:
    http://www.labdv.com/aacs/advanced-users.php
    But wouldn't know what to do with it :(

I suppose this is relevant for MP1 and MP2, I'm sure all of my existing discs will work, but in the future i'm not so sure any new ones will be playable.

Last edited:

kaigame

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 9, 2005
    Home Country
    Now i'm worried that this will go the same way, seeing as they have already had domains seized and the like. I'll just stop buying Bluray disks for now.

kaigame

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 9, 2005
    Home Country
    Yeah i saw that, i've updated to the latest version, and we'll see what happens from now on. I really didn't fancy paying out again for this software, i'll just get a bluray player if anydvd disappears completely.

wiyosaya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have not updated yet, but I will over the weekend. I agree that it is unclear as to where things are going. I have read posts elsewhere that they are working on 4K, and that there are some BDXL drives that at least recognize 4K discs - I might have to get a new one, but I only will if someone comes up with a solution for 4K viewing.

I get the whole piracy thing, but in studies elsewhere, it has been revealed that people who pirate are more likely to buy than people who don't pirate. I buy BR disks because of the quality; I prefer to watch them through MP. If no one develops a 4K solution for HTPC, I am not yet sure what I'll do - perhaps I'll buy a 4K player.

To continue that whole piracy thing: given that sales of BR disks supposedly dropped 12% last year, one would think that content providers would want to find ways to increase their market rather than rather than restricting it further. I believe that there are also studies that indicate that the people who go to solutions like AnyDVD HD are not the people who mass produce copies of movies.[DOUBLEPOST=1457107780][/DOUBLEPOST]
    [DOUBLEPOST=1456342185][/DOUBLEPOST]found this:
    http://www.labdv.com/aacs/advanced-users.php
    But wouldn't know what to do with it :(

I suppose this is relevant for MP1 and MP2, I'm sure all of my existing discs will work, but in the future i'm not so sure any new ones will be playable.
    My guess on this is that it injects itself between the drive and the file system - in a similar manner that AnyDVD does. If that is the case, then it should work with MP. If there is no other solution, I'll take some time in the future to figure this out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom