No Overlay - only VMR7 and VMR9 (1 Viewer)

mkeuper

Portal Member
December 30, 2005
Hi,

I noticed that many posts mentioning Overlay as the video renderer, while MP only lets me choose between VMR7 and VMR9. I have an older graphics card, and with other PVR software (GPVPR), I get the best results using Overlay.

Why was this option removed? Can I to do something to get it back?

Thanks,
matthijs

mkeuper

Portal Member
December 30, 2005
Could be. Though in other software (gbpvr, Meedio), you often get the choice between overlay, vmr7 and vmr9.

Is there anybody else who can shed some light on this? Is overlay=VMR7? And if not, why is overlay not appearing in my configuration menu?

Thanks,
Matthijs

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
From what I hear they are approximately equal (so maybe like Overlay~VMR7) in that they use similar mechanisms but are not identical.

EDIT: Also, overlay will not show up because it has been removed from MediaPortal in later versions, as far as I know.

jackelectronics

Portal Member
June 27, 2005
jawbroken said:
EDIT: Also, overlay will not show up because it has been removed from MediaPortal in later versions, as far as I know.

I have a Matrox P650 which is fully DX8.1 complaint and it somewhat works with VMR9 because I believe MediaPortal draws directly to the screen. I am thinking of upgrading the card as my P650 is getting a little ancient. Overlay has been crappy, really slow and often unreliable wheras VMR9 "works" smoothly even though my card doesn't support it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom