Video Render Type: VMR9
Video Codec Type & Version: ffdshow
Audio Codec Type & Version: ffdshow
Audio Card Audiotek Maya 5.1MKII
TV Card: Hauppauge PVR150MCE
TV Card Type: hardware
TV Card Driver: latest

Hello all,

I have one very irritating problem here, and i think it isn't actualy problem with MP, but something with audio hardware and/or drivers. Anyway I have my HTPC connected with Harman Kardon AVR3550 receiver with optical SP/DIF, and when I boot Windows and start MP everything is fine, it plays music, sounds everything... Receiver shows that it gets PCM signal and everything is fine. Then I start playing .avi with ac3 sound and it is also fine, receiver shows that it gets ac3... but, when I stop playing movie i can't get PCM sound any more, not from MP menues, not from My Music not from any windows program. Interesting fact is, that if I start playing any other file with ac3 sound it will play normaly, just it can't switch SP-DIF out to PCM anymore. It gets stock with ac3 passthrough...
Only way to solve this is to reboot PC. But there is something curious, when windows starts to shutdown it plays sound, you know, and that switches audio card to PCM throug SP-DIF and receiver gets PCM. But I can't force that switching with any tool or program.
Any ideas?

P.S. MP is working quite OK with this poor hardware, belive or not! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom