No playback and MP hangs (sort off) when playing some AVI (1 Viewer)

player-x

Portal Pro
February 4, 2005
Bergen, Norway
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi when i try to play some AVI files there is no playback and stays in "My Video" select menu and MP will not respond to any button on the remote
(but still gives the clicking sounds)

The "Green button" still works and i can go back to the main menu and from there return to "My Video" and all works normal again except for these certain AVI files.

I tried to play these files in WMP and they work like a charm is there any solution to this problem ore is it a bug?

as codec's i use
ffdshow, Haali Media Splitter, VSFilter, QT & Real Alternative, and for h264 i use the PowerDVD HD codec.

here is a example of two that work and the one that dosent
codecxf3.jpg

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    23 frames per second stands out, try turning off HW acceleration if you have it enabled anywhere, this allows the software to correctly decode.

let us know if it worked for you.

player-x

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2005
    Bergen, Norway
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Nope dint work gave even a bigger problem MP wouldent render any more
    errorfz5.jpg

And WMP was working and playing the files whit no problem so it cant be realy a hardware problem

cstyker

June 8, 2007
    I have the exact same problem with a few of my videos.
    Please let me know what information I can post which may help solve the problem!

player-x

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2005
    Bergen, Norway
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Doesn't any one got any suggestions ?

I have have bin fiddling whit the codec settings in MP-setup for 2 days now and still don't got it to work

It got to be a MP problem because in WMP those avi files just play perfect.
    (And hope your not going to suggest i have to downgrade to MS WMP ;-)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Previous answer was a bit short as no broadband at time.

You have 2 choices, either remux the particular files with VIRTUALDUB, or try another codec setup.

I take it all these file extensions are .avi, so in theory they could be any format, Never found FFDShow works with all my files, some Nero .mp4 (why ? plays majority of them and ripped myself) do not play.

Must admit to being a bit lazy on finding the full answer to this one, most people here condemn codec packs, which i fully understand as have had quite a few codec related problems in the past, that's how i stumbled across Filmerit.

Anyway to solve my various issues i installed Vista Codeck Pack which does not associate filetypes etc.

Everything inside this package will be instantly recognisable to people, FFDShow, xvid, AC3 etc, but it is the actual configuration that has been done by shark007 for you that makes this a great feature.

Suggest you try both the codec pack and Filmerit to see if this resolves the issue (uninstall old codecs first, reboot, test with Filmerit, and if no errors install VCP, reboot).

Hope above helps.

Tomy

Portal Pro
    October 13, 2007
    this just happen to me

its some sort of stupid CODEC priority bullsh*t problem settings

you use the GSPOT or the Graphedit to check playback chain of file

me i have the "crash" because the MP trying to play mp3 with nocompatible codec with MP (maybe dscaler),
    but using graphedit i see this movie using dscaler?! for mp3 ?!

anyway i disabled everything audio codec using GSPOT until only playback using the franchunfhoffer MP3 codec,
    and then the MP play no crash on this movie files.

i hope this the problem i haved, but this i did i think is my solution in my machine.

i see your picture
    try play the mp3 audio is workyng,
    but you try play the ac3 file is not workyng
    so maybe YOU are MISSING TEH CODEC AC3FILTER my friends
    maybe still install this

as you I TOLD PREVIUOS POST: use the GSPOTS on you FEMALE,, she like ! oops, no seexxy talk here,
    I MEAN USE THE GSPOT/GRAPHEDIT to make see if YOU DECODE the AC3 audio

if outpit to >SPDIF
    or if outpit to > computers speakers STEREO> needing to set this to OUTPUT TO STEREO NOT SPIDIF.

olbo

Portal Member
    January 9, 2006
    I dont know why but it solved my problem when I have had similar problem....
    It had something to do with the choice of skin ? When I started up MP 0.2.3 direct after installation with project Mayhem 3 skin some avi files refused to play.
    WMP played them all without any problem.
    However, If I first started up with the Blue two skin and run the failing avi´s they played OK.
    If I after that switched to PM3 again every avi worked OK and hav been working since.
    This problem came around MP 0.2.3 RC2 and onward if I remember right.

PS
    First I used Zoomplayer and wiped out all codec´s and stuff and reinstalld only the common ones loke MPV, FddShow, etc but it did no difference. The skin change trick solved it on my machine and also on friend of mine´s aswell. He had same problem as me with exactly the same avi files

player-x

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2005
    Bergen, Norway
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I just updated to MP 0.2.3 final and all my problems ware gone

Thanks for the tips anyway.

But dint had time to try them (came back from work one week offshore) and MP 0.2.3 final was out, (real nice)
    And so installed the the 0.2.3 final first.

And then when i wanted to look at the playback issue, there was no need for it anymore.:D
    :D guys anyway!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom