No Playback Control of Radio Channels (1 Viewer)

Calsi

Portal Pro
May 4, 2013
Home Country
Bermuda Bermuda
I am a newbie to Mediaportal, however I do have experience with Windows Media Center and despite the steep learning curve with MP I think this software is awesome. Now for my real issue.
I am using Radio Webstream for my radio channels and I have set up 5 channels of Sky FM radio in RADIO on the home screen which is setup with the Titan skin. I select any one of these channel using the O.K. button and the channel plays fine. My problem is that I cannot stop play as is normally done in playing music. The only button that works is Pause. After that I cannot get Music or Live TV to work and if I try to exit MP the system freezes and I have to reset the system. Also the OSD menu doesn't work either. I am using Microsoft Media Center remote and all controls work fine in all areas of MP.

I need help badly after using a lot of time trying to figure this one out

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I am a newbie to Mediaportal, however I do have experience with Windows Media Center and despite the steep learning curve with MP I think this software is awesome. Now for my real issue.
I am using Radio Webstream for my radio channels and I have set up 5 channels of Sky FM radio in RADIO on the home screen which is setup with the Titan skin. I select any one of these channel using the O.K. button and the channel plays fine. My problem is that I cannot stop play as is normally done in playing music. The only button that works is Pause. After that I cannot get Music or Live TV to work and if I try to exit MP the system freezes and I have to reset the system. Also the OSD menu doesn't work either. I am using Microsoft Media Center remote and all controls work fine in all areas of MP.

I need help badly after using a lot of time trying to figure this one out

Thanks in advance

I have the same problem. I think there is a bug.

Last edited by a moderator:

Calsi

Portal Pro
May 4, 2013
Home Country
Bermuda Bermuda
ichBinsShort.

Thanks for your response.

I see that you are a Portal Pro. so how do we make the coders aware of this problem.

Thanks again

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You could make a step by step guide to reproduce this problem.

E.g.

1. Start playing a webstream
    2. ...
    3. ...
    4 ....

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ichBinsShort.

Thanks for your response.

I see that you are a Portal Pro. so how do we make the coders aware of this problem.

Thanks again

But I must also say that this problem does not always occur. Works most of the stop the music as normal. I just do not know exactly the conditions under which this problem occurs.

Ever, this problem occurs because on with you?

Calsi

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2013
    Home Country
    Bermuda Bermuda
    Holzi,
    The Steps are very simple and are as follows:
    1. I press the RADIO button on the HOME screen
    2. Radio screen displays all of my Radio Channels which are from SKY FM (URLs were copied from their Web Site)
    3. I then select which channel I want to listen to I then press either play or O.K. buttons
    4. The channel plays perfectly
    Now this is were the problem takes place when I wish to stop the music and and exit.
    5. I press the STOP button and nothing happens and the music continues.
    6. I press PAUSE and the music pauses and pressing PLAY or O.K. and music starts again.
    7. This condition won't let me select any other channel, I'm stuck on the channel that is playing.
    8. I press the BACK button and return to the HOME screen and the small player at the top of screen shows the channel still playing
    9 I move the cursor down to the "CLOSE, RESTART, SHUTDOWN Bar and no matter which one I select, the Program freezes and lockups the computer and the only way I can get out is to reset the computer to get back to Mediaportal.

I hope this answers your request and hope you can find a solution

I'm using MediaPortal Version: 1.30 and Titan Skin in Basic Home.

Thank You

Calsi

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2013
    Home Country
    Bermuda Bermuda
    Hi Jameson,
    In response to your request, I am unable to produce a debug log. I followed the debug procedure, but after reproducing my problem the procedure says to exit MediaPortal and wait for the system to produce a Zip File which would be saved on My Desktop. That's part of the problem, I cannot close MediaPortal in the normal "Close" method because it is at this point that the system Freezes (or lockups) and the only way I can get out is to reset or reboot the system thererfore the debug cannot produce the Zip file.
    I might suggest that you duplicate the problem on your computer. All you have to is go to one of the online Radio Sites such Shoutcast, Sky FM, or Pandora, etc. and copy the channel URL and place in the Radio Channels on your TV Card using Radio Webstream procedure under TV Server Configuration. The problem is still as I described in my previous post.

I don't know what else to do.

Calsi

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2013
    Home Country
    Bermuda Bermuda
    Attention Jameson,

This time Media Portal crashed and it auto generated the Debug Log. Now you should have something to work with. The problem description is the same as described in my 2 original posts.

Looking forward for a solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom