No plugins showing up in settings (1 Viewer)

astrapowerrr

Portal Pro
May 21, 2008
ijsselstein
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
when i extract the zip file in the plugins folder like webradio or applauncher the title shows up on the homepage.
only the link is dead it wont open the plugin.
in settings there is also no webradio or applauncher found.
how can this be happening?
some database screw up?

astrapowerrr

Portal Pro
May 21, 2008
ijsselstein
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
sorry for that... included the logs now.
and about the settings, i now tried the cinema plugin. this has to have cofiguration settings in the plugin section

but on my laptop i have the webradio and applaucher plugin working good..

also a bug? i found.
i use a dedicated server for mp and fill this up with several clients. when i try to install mp2 client with my server shutdown i get an error that mp2 can not be installed.
maybe you guys know about this if not i can deinstall and figure out what exact error i get. i thought ended prematurly or something.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    454.3 KB
Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I nearly expected such kind of error:
    Code:
    System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\Cinema\Cinema.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)
    File name: 'file:///C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\Cinema\Cinema.dll' ---> System.NotSupportedException: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
       at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile)
       at MediaPortal.Common.PluginManager.PluginRuntime.LoadAssemblies()
       at MediaPortal.Common.Services.PluginManager.PluginManager.TryActivate(PluginRuntime plugin)
       at MediaPortal.Common.Services.PluginManager.PluginManager.RequestItem(PluginItemRegistration itemRegistration, Type type, IPluginItemStateTracker stateTracker)
    An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework

In short: please extract the archive with 7zip, not Windows Explorer. Search for this error message, you will already find multiple posts about this issue.

astrapowerrr

Portal Pro
    May 21, 2008
    ijsselstein
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I didn't understand what the exact error was... Sorry for that
    But maybe for the future adjust the installation comments?
    Like don't use explorer unzip but 7zip...

2 plugins with no such thing in the comment.
    Just an idea...

And any news on the install bug with the notification that the installation ended prematurely?

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      437.9 KB
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      484 KB
    Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can see your attachements, I have "no access" to view them.

@high is this a permission issue?

Once I can see the attachments, I try to help you further.

astrapowerrr

Portal Pro
    May 21, 2008
    ijsselstein
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sorry for that. I use tapatalk on iOS iPad. And just added a picture... Think this forum doesn't support this feature? Try to add tonight from PC or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom