No plugins showing up in settings (1 Viewer)

astrapowerrr

Portal Pro
May 21, 2008
ijsselstein
Netherlands Netherlands
when i extract the zip file in the plugins folder like webradio or applauncher the title shows up on the homepage.
only the link is dead it wont open the plugin.
in settings there is also no webradio or applauncher found.
how can this be happening?
some database screw up?

astrapowerrr

Portal Pro
May 21, 2008
ijsselstein
Netherlands Netherlands
sorry for that... included the logs now.
and about the settings, i now tried the cinema plugin. this has to have cofiguration settings in the plugin section

but on my laptop i have the webradio and applaucher plugin working good..

also a bug? i found.
i use a dedicated server for mp and fill this up with several clients. when i try to install mp2 client with my server shutdown i get an error that mp2 can not be installed.
maybe you guys know about this if not i can deinstall and figure out what exact error i get. i thought ended prematurly or something.

Attachments

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Lead Dev MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I nearly expected such kind of error:
    Code:
    System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\Cinema\Cinema.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)
    File name: 'file:///C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\Cinema\Cinema.dll' ---> System.NotSupportedException: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
       at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile)
       at MediaPortal.Common.PluginManager.PluginRuntime.LoadAssemblies()
       at MediaPortal.Common.Services.PluginManager.PluginManager.TryActivate(PluginRuntime plugin)
       at MediaPortal.Common.Services.PluginManager.PluginManager.RequestItem(PluginItemRegistration itemRegistration, Type type, IPluginItemStateTracker stateTracker)
    An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework

In short: please extract the archive with 7zip, not Windows Explorer. Search for this error message, you will already find multiple posts about this issue.

astrapowerrr

Portal Pro
    May 21, 2008
    ijsselstein
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I didn't understand what the exact error was... Sorry for that
    But maybe for the future adjust the installation comments?
    Like don't use explorer unzip but 7zip...

2 plugins with no such thing in the comment.
    Just an idea...

And any news on the install bug with the notification that the installation ended prematurely?

Attachments

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Lead Dev MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I can see your attachements, I have "no access" to view them.

@high is this a permission issue?

Once I can see the attachments, I try to help you further.

astrapowerrr

Portal Pro
    May 21, 2008
    ijsselstein
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sorry for that. I use tapatalk on iOS iPad. And just added a picture... Think this forum doesn't support this feature? Try to add tonight from PC or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    mrmojo666 [Tv Server Plugin ]Direct Show Video Control Plugin 0.0.0.1 for Hauppauge PVR cards MediaPortal 1 Plugins 0
    joecrow 1.25.0 Radio Time plugin fails after Resume from Sleep with MP 1.25 Bugreports 4
    P MP2: US user, OTA - can NOT get SchedulesDirect plugin to work on MP1 or MP2 --> how do I get OTA schedule? General 5
    E aktuelle englische Forums Webseite von - Showtime Plugin v3 Plugins & Erweiterungen 4
    joecrow MultiShortcut Plugin (Uavailable) in DWHD skin General Support 58
    vapourEyes Building TV Plugin General Development (no feature request here!) 49
    Golf4 Nach Windows-Updates läuft TV-Plugin nicht mehr Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0
    joecrow How about a Launcher plugin for MP1? MediaPortal 1 6
    D [solved] TVServer Plugin must be missing something. General Development (no feature request here!) 1
    framug Nouveau plugin XmlTvFR pour récupérer le guide télé français Kazer / ZguideTv (WebEPGfr) 11
    emphatic Allow remote control mapping of all plugins Improvement Suggestions 0
    D Where should plugins be located on hard drive? General Support 0
    D how to disengage from one version of a plugin to use another Newcomers Forum 0
    cbr954rr How to disable a pre-configured plugin? General 2
    mrmojo666 [Plugin]Marantz Control Plugin 0.0.0.2 MediaPortal 1 Plugins 2
    mrmojo666 beginner: trying to write a plugin, need help to catch event General Development (no feature request here!) 3
    framug [Rejected] Fix PowerScheduler plugin for MP2 single seat Submit: Code Patches 9
    doskabouter [Question] Stale plugins Developer Discussions 9
    M MP1 stops responding after Starting Plugins General Support 14
    Terra LAVFilter Plugin cannot be updated (MP1.23) MediaPortal 1 Plugins 10
    L Mediaportal 1.21 and Windows 10: user schedules de-activated when powerscheduler plugin is selected General Support 1
    C Can the XmlTv Plugin handle 600+ channels? General 3
    M Online Video Plugin V.2.32 keine Installtion unter MediaPortal 1.22 ? TV / Streaming 3
    emphatic Pictures in the cloud - would a plugin be possible for services like Google Photos MediaPortal 1 Plugins 1
    C where is the Online Videos plugin General Support 1