No PMT / no channel error on some channels (1 Viewer)

chaosmstr

Portal Member
February 25, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Mediaportal 1.13, Win7-64, HDHR, KODI
This has been working, and recently I am getting this error on some channels, but not others.
So, I'm confused... This has been working wonderfully since I got it installed.

I tried changing the network provider and idle settings as per here, no joy.
http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...nfiguration/02_TV_Servers#Edit_Tuner_Settings

I can still view the channels in the HDHR SW, so it's not a provider/cable card issue...

Logs attached.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You say you're using MP1.13, but yet the log files you've provided are for MP2... and what's more, they're from February and we're now in August. Something's not adding up there... ;)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No worries - it happens. :)

The log files show the problem nicely.

The cause for "no PMT" errors with a CableCARD tuner is almost always one of the following scenarios:
    1. Your cable provider has moved channels around on the cable system. The channels that were moved are the ones that are broken.
    2. Your cable provider uses switched digital video (SDV), and the SDV parameters have changed. The channels that are delivered using SDV are the ones that are broken.
    3. Your cable provider has changed their DRM configuration. The channels that are broken are now DRM protected (ie. "copy once") and no longer viewable/recordable with MediaPortal.
    There's no solution for scenario 3... but fortunately the log files show that doesn't appear to have happened to you. So, the problem is due to either scenario 1 or 2. Either way, the solution is the same: delete the broken channels and then rescan to pick up the changes. Don't forget to map/link the channels to your tuners after rescanning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom