[no Bug] No Record (1 Viewer)

Branksome

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2012
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am very grateful for your help. I added a new user to my NAS drive with a password. I then created a new account on Win 7 with the same name and password. I then updated the TVService with "use this account" and the same user name and password

Recording on Mediaportal is set to record to the NAS via the network path. However, I have obviously not got something right. Mediaportal tries to record but seems confused. The Rec flag is on but the 'active recording' list is empty, the TV image will freeze (same channel as the recording). Intermittantly, the Rec flag will come on and off as if it is trying again

I think I must have misunderstood something

Branksome

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2012
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    Thank you Tony. Win 7 and Mediaportal trigger a steep learning curve. I will endeavour to produce logs and come back here in a couple of days. I did see in another forum on this subject that one has to turn off encryption for TV services but the suggested menu paths to get there don't seem to be the same on my system

Branksome

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2012
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    Hi, I attach my zip file. I attempted to record a short piece from the current channel - Sky News onto my NAS. The REC symbol came on, after a delay the picture froze. Later, the REC symbol comes back and then off again

Hope this bring enlightment

Branksome

Branksome

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2012
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    Hi,

Is there anyone able to help? My ZIP file is attached to the previous post. I so far failed to get the system to record anything onto my NAS

Thanks

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Hi Branksome,

in your logs is error:
    Code:
    unable to create file:'L:\Stream\manual - Sky News - 2012-02-08.ts' 3
    where 3 is error code: ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND (The system cannot find the path specified). It seems that path 'L:\Stream' doesn't exist.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Looking at the TsWriter log:

08-02-2012 10:52:22.951 Recorder:unable to create file:'L:\Stream\manual - Sky News - 2012-02-08.ts' 3

The error code '3' means 'The system cannot find the path specified' - this still feels like a permissions problem maybe ?

Have you tried using another windows PC as a file server (just to eliminate some sort of incompatibility with the NAS) ?

Tony

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Looking at the TsWriter log:

08-02-2012 10:52:22.951 Recorder:unable to create file:'L:\Stream\manual - Sky News - 2012-02-08.ts' 3

The error code '3' means 'The system cannot find the path specified' - this still feels like a permissions problem maybe ?

Have you tried using another windows PC as a file server (just to eliminate some sort of incompatibility with the NAS) ?

Tony
    Hi Tony,

i just try little experiment with security and folder which not exists. In case of security problem is error code 5 (ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED) and in case of folder which not exists is error code 3 (ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND).

Branksome

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2012
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    Hi Guys,

Thanks very much - you solved the problem for me. I was convinced I had changed the recording path to a network path rather than using a shortcut assigned drive (L:) to the NAS. Maybe I had failed to press OK or something. But it is now correctly recording to the NAS drive using the full netowrk path

Once again, thank you

Branksome

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom