no smooth movie viewing (1 Viewer)

Vulture

Portal Member
January 14, 2006
Nieuwendijk (NB)
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
is there anyone out there that can help me with the following.

I watch a lot of movies with MP, especially DIVX and XVID.
it works great, only when there are large movements, like a swinging camera, so the whole picture needs to update a lot, I notice that it doesn't go smoothly.
It looks like the computer cannot keep up in updating the image, so it doesn't complete the whole image (so I notice that the image is divided into two parts). I don't know how to explain this more clearly.
It only happens when the whole screen is updated, not if there's only one person moving or something like that.

Are there some settings I can change?

I have a DX9 compatible videocard and the pc should be fast enough (celeron D 2.6 GHz).

anyone?

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Vulture said:
    Are there some settings I can change?
    Also, make sure that you have the option "Enable Exclusive DirectX......." selected in the Home section of MediaPortal Configuration. That might help.... :)

Vulture

Portal Member
    January 14, 2006
    Nieuwendijk (NB)
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I will try exclusive dx tomorrow, but I couldn't find vertical sync in the mediaportal setup.
    is this a divx or mediaplayer setting?

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Vulture said:
    I couldn't find vertical sync in the mediaportal setup....is this a divx or mediaplayer setting?
    It is a configuration item in your video card driver application (for example, Catalyst Control Centre if you have an ATI card).

But, try exclusive DirectX mode first, as I believe it does the same thing....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom