No sound after resume (1 Viewer)

KeithP

Portal Member
November 11, 2010
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I keep losing sound from MP when I start up the system (from sleep).

If I go to ControlPanel>Sound then I can play system sounds through the speakers, so the devices are working.

I have an Nvidia GT420 connected to a Denon AVR1910 via HDMI.

Generally, I have to reboot the system to get sound back - restarting MP isn't enough.

Any ideas?

thanks

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    yes I am having this problem too, It's good I'm not the only one. I also have sound through HDMI.

DiePlage

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I used to have this too. However, the problem seems to have vanished now. I did install various newer catalyst versions and Win 7 SP1. I am not quite sure, which one solved the issue though....

krikkit

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2008
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    windows 7 sp1 solved a lot of troubles with pc -> tv hdmi connections... before the sp1 i had a lot of issues, now its working fine..

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    windows 7 sp1 solved a lot of troubles with pc -> tv hdmi connections... before the sp1 i had a lot of issues, now its working fine..

I have W7 SP1, But now haven't noticed it since stopping the display turning off. But then again I haven't had the sleep mode start since.

Skar

Portal Pro
    July 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have a similar Problem.

Sometimes when i wake up my HTPC from hibernate i dont have any Sound. When i close MP i can even see the "red bar sign" on the Speaker Icon in the Windows taskbar.
    The only way of getting back any sound is disconnecting the HDMI cable and replug it.

I even tried with restarting the windows soundmanager by batchfile. Wont work.
    Only replugging or restart brings back the Sound.

I would also appreciate any help, a LOT!
    Using SP1 already.

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just to add to my last message.

The batchfile is simply as follows:
    Code:
    c:\batch\devcon disable *DEV_AA01
    c:\batch\devcon enable *DEV_AA01

I put the devcon file (from here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311272) in the directory c:\batch\ (but you can put it anywhere).

You will need to replace the *DEV_AA01" bit with the appropriate device name for your audio device (this will be a very very long string but the * is a wildcard and most devces on your system have very different strings so you don't need many characters to differentiate devices). To find the device name on your PC, use the following instructions: http://community.spiceworks.com/how...ble-a-device-from-the-command-line-on-windows

Skar

Portal Pro
    July 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I seem to be too clumsy ^^ How can i get that device list from devcon?
    When i use devcon find *> list.txt in the command line, where does the txt file go?
    If i just type devcon find * the window with the devices rushes by but wont stay open...

krikkit

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2008
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    just use an absolut path like this one:

Code:
    devcon find *> c:\temp\list.txt

if you don't use absolute path, the file is stored in the current directory..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom