No sound for AAC TV channel (HD) (1 Viewer)

cnicolas

Portal Member
November 19, 2006
Home Country
France France
I use LAV installed with MP 1.9, version 0.63, on Windows Seven.
The problem is only with sound, video is ok with LAV...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Also, @Vasilich were you using TsReader as splitter? According to Owlsroost's comment there's a bug in TsReader which is probably responsible. No problem with LAV... but TsReader + LAV won't play audio.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Also, @Vasilich were you using TsReader as splitter? According to Owlsroost's comment there's a bug in TsReader which is probably responsible. No problem with LAV... but TsReader + LAV won't play audio.

Correct - TsReader can't handle this particular form of AAC stream packaging (ADTS) - it's actually a missing feature, rather than a bug ;)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The basic problem is that the audio parser in TsReader.ax assumes that the audio data frames are aligned to PES packet boundaries. These particular streams use ADTS packaging (not LATM) for AAC, and the frames are not always aligned to PES packets. This means that the 'samples' that TsReader feeds to the audio decode filter are not complete frames (i.e. one frame per sample). The DivX decoder can handle this, but LAV decoder can't.

The solution is to add a parser to TsReader which can handle AAC ADTS packaging correctly. It's on my ToDo but it's one of those 'need to get my head around it' problems in terms of writing a parser......

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom