No subwoofer activity (1 Viewer)

allanp81

Portal Pro
October 24, 2006
I have my HTPC connected to my amp via HDMI and have my Windows speaker setup set as 5.1. If I check the level for each speaker I get activity including the subwoofer. I also get subwoofer activity when watching TV or Films.

I've set the music player to be the WASAPI and set it as 2 speakers so that I can engage the dolby or dts modes on my amp (if I don't it just shows mutli channel) and I still get nothing from my sub.

What am I doing wrong?

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
I've set the music player to be the WASAPI and set it as 2 speakers
that means that MP will send only 2 channels.
And if you expect to get anything from your subwoofer while amp receives only stereo, then you need to set some effects in your AMP that extract low freq from incoming stereo and send it to subwoofer. Note that MP does what you told him to do, i.e. send stereo :)

allanp81

Portal Pro
October 24, 2006
I tried it on the default player setting (BASS) and I then get a multichannel signal sent to the amp and still nothing from my sub. I set it to send stereo so that I could then engage surround processing on the amp but I get nothing from my sub whichever setting I choose.

As I said, films and TV seem to work fine and give me bass as I would expect.

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I tried it on the default player setting (BASS) and I then get a multichannel signal sent to the amp and still nothing from my sub. I set it to send stereo so that I could then engage surround processing on the amp but I get nothing from my sub whichever setting I choose.

As I said, films and TV seem to work fine and give me bass as I would expect.

Do you have an Onkyo amp? If so it will not send audio to the subwoofer when receiving a stereo signal and you have the front speakers set to 'full range' unless you turn on the option to enable sub in the settings.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have a marantz receiver and I also use wasapi. And my sub works!

Maybe you have to set your front speakers from large to small? Then it should work.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Maybe the crossover frequency isn't set/correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom