No text displayed after installing RC4 (1 Viewer)

ridderdk

Portal Member
May 4, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I have just installed RC4, after making a copy of my old RC2 installation. Now, when MediaPortal starts, there is no text displayed in the buttons anywhere in MediaPortal.
I use Danish as my language, and i have tried several others to, with the same result.....
I guess there is some kind of configuration file pointing to the strings.xml but i can't figure out what to look for, everything looks OK to me. Is it a bad idea to install the application, without uninstalling the old version????
Please some one give me a hint to what i should be looking for.....
Thanx

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I don't know for sure... but try removing your fonts dir under the skin you are using. Also, remove the packedgfx*.* files from the media directory. Once you boot up again... all these files and directories should be replaced.

Its worth a shot :)

ridderdk

Portal Member
    May 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Thank you ASiDiE for your reply.
    The first thing i noticed when i was looking for the missing settings, was that the "Fonts" directory was missing from the "BlueTwo" directory. Ok, the i copied the "Fonts" directory to the new installation, but nothing happened. There is no such files in the "Media" directory - packedgfx*.*, but you are right, the "Fonts" directory is now present after restart of the application, but still no text :-(

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

ridderdk said:
    Is it a bad idea to install the application, without uninstalling the old version????

I would say yes. Its always recommended to make a clean install. Uninstall previous version, delete "Team Media Portal" folder and install new version.

Most of the time an overwrite installation works, but it can cause strange effects.

Flip.

ridderdk

Portal Member
    May 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    FlipGer, yes is know that's the preferable way to do it, but i didn't want to start all over again with configuration of music, movies, weather, pictures, channels and so on.

I was hoping someone did know exactly how the text is displayed in the buttons, so i could adjust the configuration files.

ridderdk

Portal Member
    May 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Did a new install on another pc, copied everything, except the folder database and the file MediaPortal.xml over the old install on my HTPC, and the text is showing again, and my configiration is intact. I guess i will never find out what the real issue was.....
    But what the heck, it's working again :)

fcsobel

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2005
    I ran into the same problem after updating rc4 to latest svn. No text anywhere. I did an uninstall and re-install of the 0.2 version and all is well. It even kept my settings!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom