No .ts playback on MPO 1.2.2 (1 Viewer)

Maarten74

Portal Member
February 22, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hello,

I can't play .ts files anymore in Media Portal 1.2.2.
So I'm not able to play all my recorded tv shows. When selecting a recorded tv show, MP freezes. Pushing the stop button on the remote, I hear the 'click' sound but nothing happends. Using my keyboard (ESC), nothing.
I need to startup task manager and abort and restart MPO.

Checking my log files I can't find any specific error.

Last changes to my system was an upgrade of TotalMedia Theatre, because the old version didn't play the last Blu Ray of Coldplay. After this upgrade Blu ray playback was fine. I'm not sure this can be the cause of not playing recorded tv anymore...?

I've tried to change the codec settings in the MP config. Tried ffdshow video decoded, ffdshow DXVA Video Decoder and Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder, in the video codec tab as well as TV Codecs tab. Only result was that an old recording played with the Microsoft codec (poor quality). Just once. When I stopped this playback and choose another recorded tv-shows, again a freeze.

Attached some loggings. Hope some can help me.
Thanks in adavance!

Maarten

Maarten74

Portal Member
February 22, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
**Update** just found out playback of all videos fails. :-(
Recorded TV, MyMovies, My TVSeries, nothing works!
ok switching back to ffdshow in the config on the tv codec tab helps, i can play some of the My TV series again. But not recorded tv.

Help :-S
Playing movies, videos and so on in VLC player outside MP works fine.

Last edited:

bawheid

Portal Member
December 28, 2010
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I'm having the same problem with .ts files in 1.3.0 Beta. I figured it was down to the new codec settings in 1.3.0.

I've been busy and not actually had a chance to sit down and fix it yet, but when I do I'll report back.

Maarten74

Portal Member
February 22, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Thanks Bawheid keep me posted. Same here at the moment not much time to investigate any further. I'm running 1.2.2.0. I'm really questioning myself what has changed since I'm facing these problems. Only thing I can find is the update of Totalmedia Theatre. Maybe a codec was also updated when installing TMT5? And this causes the problem?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Nothing of much use in the logs - MediaPortal.log just stops after :

Code:
    2013-01-13 18:22:20.795429 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: PlayRecording:K:\Recorded TV\3 On Stage_ Best of Pinkpop 2012 (VARA_VPRO_NTR) - Nederland 3 HD - 2012-06-09.ts - using rtsp mode:False

....so it maybe you should raise the log level to 'debug' and see if anything else is logged after that ?

Tony

Maarten74

Portal Member
    February 22, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok, had some time to reproduce the error.
    First I've used the MP debug mode (watchdog), in this mode everything works fine! All recorded tv shows can be played.
    See attached ZIP file.
    Next i've started up the config tool to set the log level to debug.
    Then I've started up MP (normal way).
    the first recorded tv show i've selected plays! (3 on stage Pinkpop).
    I've stopped playing this recording and select another recording (Theo Maassen), and MP freezes. I can't see the show. The screen freezes in the list where all recordings are listed. All other logs are of this session (except the zip file ofcourse).
    I can't find an error message that can help me any further. Hope some of you can help me!

Thanks all!!

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Ok, had some time to reproduce the error.
    First I've used the MP debug mode (watchdog), in this mode everything works fine! All recorded tv shows can be played.
    See attached ZIP file.

If it works OK in debug mode, then it's probably a plug-in that is causing the problem (debug mode disables all extra - third party - plugins - only the ones included with MP are enabled).

So I suggest disabling all the added plugins, then enable each one separately, until you find the one causing the problem.

Tony

Maarten74

Portal Member
    February 22, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for your advice Owlsroost.
    Few weeks ago I've activated the MyTV-series plug-in. Added a few tv-series and it worked all fine.
    Your advice it could be a plug-in causing this problem, triggered me to first of all disable the MyTV-Series plug-in. Guess what... all tv recordings play fine again after disabling this plug-in. Enable the MyTV-series plug-in again, and same problem occurs. Can't play tv recordings.
    So I can reproduce the error now.

Is this a known error with this plug-in?
    What could be the next step?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom