No tuner (1 Viewer)

hopeflicker

Portal Member
October 22, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi all, MP noob here. Hopefully some of you can clear up some probs that ive been having.
First, here's my specs.

Wix XP pro (sp2)
.net
directx

512MB memory
1.6 gig processor-

Card: Happauage dual tuner (500 MCE)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Ive installed media portal twice and i'm either missing someting or I'm clearly oblivous to setting it up correctly.
Im using the teh TV wizard to setup my capture card. Under the capture card it shows both TV tuners. So all is good there. I click on autotune and enter USA and select Cable for input source and press scan. I notice it's only tuning in channels 1-126 and not my entire line up (close to 999 channels). Only the progress bar moves. The signal strenght and signal quality remains empty. something doesn't seem right here.

I do the same thing for my second tuner.

Im using the zap2it plug in becasue i read it rather simple to setup. I got the set up and working now.

So now when i click on TV on I get a NO Tuner can receive channel XXXX or someting along those lines.
any suggestions?:D

tyball

September 23, 2006
Home Country
i have also a Hauppauge 500 and i to have this problem somethimes. When you remove 1 of the tuners in MP setup the problem dissapears.( but you can only use 1 tuner instead of 2 afcourse). I think it has something to do with the TVDatabaseV21.db3 file.

hopeflicker

Portal Member
October 22, 2006
Home Country
well, i just removed my 2nd tuner and that didnt fix it :(
I think i read something about the Haupp 500 having probs with the 2nd tuner somewhere but i cant remember where.

tyball

September 23, 2006
Home Country
When i happens i uninstall MP and remove all the remaining files. Then reinstall and it somethimes magically works. I try then not using the wizard but use the MP setup.

hopeflicker

Portal Member
October 22, 2006
Home Country
damn, nope. Even with one tuner I have no live TV. I dont have to config my IR blaster yet do i? I just want to get live tv to work ffirst then i'll tackle that. My TV guides shows up and i try to change the channel with my keyboard and it says no tuner to receive: 83...

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Let's start with the obvious things first. When you get that message it usually means that in the TV Channels/Cards part of MP you haven't actually assigned the channels to a card. I'm sure you've done that already, but it had to be asked...

hopeflicker

Portal Member
    October 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Well, to be honest. Im not sure. I thought all that i had to do was to config the zap2it plugin and it should work. So i see my tv line up now on my TV guide.
    So when you say that i have to assign channels to my card is that located up under
    SETUP--->TV----->TV CHANNELS?
    I see my line up under my TV channels. Do i just click ADD or ADD CVBS/SVHS?

wortelsoft

Portal Pro
    May 13, 2005
    Rotterdam, The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    What exactly do you connect to the hauppauge. I ask because you talk about the blaster. You use that when using an external settop box. If you have a cable settop box you are problebly inputting it trough svhs and you need to add a cvbs/svhs channel. When you have a signal then, you have to start setting up the blaster for changing channels on your settop box.

Second the zap2it is only for getting epg (programm guide) data and not to setup your tv channels.

So please descripe your setup and how it's connected that will help to get you going.

hopeflicker

Portal Member
    October 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Coax ---> (in STB)
    (out STB) ---->Svideo --->(in hauppauge)

I dont have my audio set up yet. I want to get video working before i hook up audio system.
    I appriciate your help guys :)

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Well, to be honest. Im not sure. I thought all that i had to do was to config the zap2it plugin and it should work. So i see my tv line up now on my TV guide.
    So when you say that i have to assign channels to my card is that located up under
    SETUP--->TV----->TV CHANNELS?
    I see my line up under my TV channels. Do i just click ADD or ADD CVBS/SVHS?

In the TV channels section there are two tabs at the top, above the channel list.
    You need to go to the second one called "TV Cards" or something (going from memory here) and then make sure that each card is actually assigned to the correct channels. Just copy them across.

This should have happened automatically during autotune, but it's possible this didn't happen or something went wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom