No TV Audio/Audio for Videos Works (1 Viewer)

mroc

Portal Member
April 7, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have just installed MP. I have setup my Colossus and video is working fine with most codecs. TV Audio however is not. I have tried LAV, ffdshow, and others to no avail. Audio for recorded (.ts) shows works fine with either codec. I should note that WinTV audio/video works fine with ffdshow, incl. DD5.1. WinTV audio also works fine using LAV, but video does not. I'm stumped. Please help!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome mroc :)

Could you please include the TV Server log files and tell us which inputs on the Colossus you're using (eg. "HDMI for video and audio" or "component video and S/PDIF audio")?

It could be that your TV Server channel(s) isn't/aren't configured with the correct inputs. You can check this as described here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...guration/03_TV_Channels/Add_or_Edit_a_Channel
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/@api/deki/files/2582/=Tuning_detail_1_Analog-TV.png

Video and audio source should be set as per the details at the bottom of this post:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/hauppauge-hd-pvr-colossus-support.94850/

For example, if using HDMI for video and audio, vide source should be "HDMI #1" and audio source should be "SPDIF In #1".

If you used the SchedulesDirect plugin to create your channels, ensure you configured the sources on the advanced settings tab. You'll have to delete and reimport all your channels if you got those settings wrong.

mm

mroc

Portal Member
    April 7, 2013
    Home Country
    For example, if using HDMI for video and audio, vide source should be "HDMI #1" and audio source should be "SPDIF In #1".

Solved! What you said here made me go back and look at what I did. I had all channels set as YRYBY#1 (component) and SPDIF#1. Video was working with YRYBY#1 but for some reason it need to be set as SPDIF#3, not SPDIF#1.

Thanks for the help!

mroc

Portal Member
    April 7, 2013
    Home Country
    There is an SPDIF#3 as you can see in the SD setup screenshot that I sent. Is it possible that SPDIF#1 and #3 are inputs and SPDIF#2 is the optical output?

Attachments

• SD Setup.jpg
      SD Setup.jpg
      116.9 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    There is an SPDIF#3 as you can see in the SD setup screenshot that I sent.
    Oh, I see how you could be confused. That list is completely generic. TV Server supports up to three inputs of each type per card. That is what that list shows, and that why you'll see there are also three HDMI inputs in the video list... but obviously the Colossus only has one HDMI input.

Is it possible that SPDIF#1 and #3 are inputs and SPDIF#2 is the optical output?
    No. As per the post I directed you to:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/hauppauge-hd-pvr-colossus-support.94850/

HDMI #1 = HDMI video
    YRYBY #1 = Component video (red + blue + green RCA plugs)
    YRYBY #2 = Component loop output (do not use)
    SVHS #1 = S-video (multi-pin round DIN plug)
    SVHS #2 = S-video loop output (do not use)
    CVBS #1 = Composite video (yellow RCA plug)
    CVBS #2 = Composite loop output (do not use)
    SPDIF In #1 = HDMI audio
    SPDIF In #2 = S/PDIF audio
    Line In #1 = RCA L/R audio (white and red RCA plugs)
    Line In #2 = RCA L/R audio loop output (do not use)

Normally S/PDIF is a synonym for toslink - an optical or RCA digital 5.1 audio link. SPDIF #1 should normally be the first optical input... but the Colossus is a special case. As I said above, SPDIF #1 is HDMI audio (which is why you didn't hear anything when you selected it). This is an effect of the way the Hauppauge developers chose to code the driver. SPDIF #2 is the real S/PDIF (optical) input. SPDIF #3 does not exist for the Colossus. I can't explain why you hear audio when you select it... but please trust me when I say that SPDIF In #2 is the right choice if you're using the optical S/PDIF input.

mroc

Portal Member
    April 7, 2013
    Home Country
    I believe you, and in any event, Thanks. Is it possible that whoever wrote the SD plugin, knowing what you said above about TV server supporting 3 of each type, mapped SPDIF#3 in the dropdown box to SPDIF#2 on the Colossus? When I went back an tried again, both #2 and #3 worked when I set them on a channel.

Anyway, thanks again. It's working fine now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom