No TV Cards listed on either 1.13 or 1.20 (HD PVR) (1 Viewer)

DetrieZ

Portal Member
June 11, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Windows 7 SP1
Hauppauge HD PVR (model 1212)
MediaPortal 1.2
TV Server Logs and Screenshots attached

I followed WileECoyote's instructions on setting up Hauppauge HD PVR here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-1-talk-45/hauppauge-hd-pvr-colossus-support-94850/

I am having issues using Hauppauge PVR with a brand new install of 1.2 (same issue on 1.13). Specifically... not showing up in TV Server Configuration> TV Channels> TV Mapping> Card ... The PVR works in Win 7 Media Center and it worked in MP before I had to reinstall Win 7 on this box. I haven't installed the Arcsoft Total Media Extreme software that came with the PVR .. didn't think I needed to.

TV Server Configuration does not seem to be acting right either..
- TV Servers - none listed
- Selecting TV Channels> TV Combinations in the left margin.. results in the right pane label saying TV Combinations but the rest of the pane only shows the last visible pane (see attached screenshots)
- Selecting Streaming Server in the left margin.. results in the right pane label saying TV Combinations but the rest of the pane only shows the last visible pane (see attached screenshots)
- Selecting Additional 3rd Party Checks in the left margin.. results in the right pane label saying TV Combinations but the rest of the pane only shows the last visible pane (see attached screenshots)

TIA

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi and welcome to the forum DetrieZ :)

Please uninstall the WMC plugin for the HDPVR. People have reported that it can cause problems. The symptoms I'm seeing in your logs are the exact same symptoms that I saw in the logs of other people who reported those problems.

mm

PS: Please don't start more than one thread for a single problem.

DetrieZ

Portal Member
    June 11, 2011
    Home Country
    RESOLVED

A thousand thanks!

Uninstalling the WMC Plugin (and rebooting), instantly, resolved the issue

re: PS. I know better than to post an issue more than once. I was looking for a way to either move the post to this forum (more appropriate) or to delete the other one. Sorry about that.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Excellent :)

I'll delete the other thread (if you don't mind) and I'll also make a mental note to try and figure out why the MC plugin causes a problem for those people that want to use WMC as well as TV Server.

mm

DetrieZ

Portal Member
    June 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Yes, please delete the other post.

Thank you again for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom