NO TV, CAUSE: FAILED to render mpeg2demux video (1 Viewer)

adamgade

Portal Member
June 19, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
TV-Server Version: ???
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2

Windows Version: XP prof
CPU Type: Celeron 3,33
HDD: 500gb
Memory: 1gb
Motherboard: Asurus
Motherboard Chipset: ???
Motherboard Bios: ???
Video Card: ATI radeon X800
Video Card Driver: New
Sound Card: Creative
Sound Card AC3: ???
Sound Card Driver: ???
1. TV Card: Yes
1. TV Card Type: Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 MCE
1. TV Card Driver: Wintv PVR PCI II (26xxx)
Driver date: 13-04-2006 and ver: 2.0.43.24103
MPEG2 Video Codec: I think i have a few, but hov do I look them up?
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ----"----
TV: LG
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI-HDMI

I have a huge problem... everytime I start MP my err log states the folloving: [ERROR][6]: mpeg2:FAILED to create mpeg2 demuxer

And before I installed a codec pack, I could not see any movies or TV. Err log: [ERROR][6]: mpeg2:FAILED to render mpeg2demux video out:0x80004003

Now It's "only" TV I can't see, and it's driving me nuts... And I get the same err as last time: [ERROR][6]: mpeg2:FAILED to render mpeg2demux video out:0x80004003

Please help,
Adam

adamgade

Portal Member
June 19, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Please help me

No answers yet... :( Please help me.
Another little annoying thing is:

Whenever I start a movie there is no picture only sound, but if I stop the film and then start it again there is no problem... Wierd..

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Maybe it is easier to get help if you attach mediaportal.log to your post, only error code doesn't telle much.

Regards
    Roy

adamgade

Portal Member
    June 19, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Thank you for your reply...

Here is my mediaportal log file.... The thing I did:

First I opened MP and then tried to play livetv.mpg (black screen and audio) stopped it and starteded it again (now both audio and video)

then I went to my myTV (nothing) and tried to activate timeshift (nothing, exept the dot in livetv dissapers)

Hope this "helps"...

eysquared

April 11, 2005
    I too am having this same problem, and would really like to get it resolved. I have a win-tv pvr 150, and it has worked with mediaportal in the past. However, I just updated a majority of the hardware for my HTPC and also re-installed Windows XP. Unfortunately, now I have no TV and the same error in my log (the only error). I have the latest drivers, and the card works under the WinTV application. Any help on this issue would be appreciated.

EDIT: Alright, just sat in IRC and got this issue figured out. Basically, the MPEG2 Demultiplexer isnt registered with Windows. To fix this, open a command prompt and go to C:\Windows\system32 and type: regsvr32 mpg2splt.ax . Hope it helps.

adamgade

Portal Member
    June 19, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I too am having this same problem, and would really like to get it resolved. I have a win-tv pvr 150, and it has worked with mediaportal in the past. However, I just updated a majority of the hardware for my HTPC and also re-installed Windows XP. Unfortunately, now I have no TV and the same error in my log (the only error). I have the latest drivers, and the card works under the WinTV application. Any help on this issue would be appreciated.

EDIT: Alright, just sat in IRC and got this issue figured out. Basically, the MPEG2 Demultiplexer isnt registered with Windows. To fix this, open a command prompt and go to C:\Windows\system32 and type: regsvr32 mpg2splt.ax . Hope it helps.
    Now finaly it works ;-) THANK YOU

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom