No TV client, unable to launch MediaPortal only open MediaPOrtal configuration

Discussion in 'Watch / Listen Media' started by 300zx dragon, October 20, 2014.

1. 300zx dragon

300zx dragon New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello

I have windows 7 ultimate, 64 bit. I installed MediaPortal 1 using the singleseat option and clicked on Yes I will use media portal to watch tv, and selected MySQL 5 install, when completed all I see in the programs are the following:

upload_2014-10-20_13-17-51.png

If I click on Media Portal link in the programs above, which in my understanding should actually open the application I get the Media Portal Configuration to open and not actually the Media POrtal program.
    Also, I do not see TV client under the configuration menu TV:

What am I doing wrong? where is TV client? where do I go to watch TV if the tuner is connected to this machine? I uninstalled and reinstalled twice, same results.

Attached Files:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. HTPCSourcer
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

HTPCSourcer MP2 Product Manager

Ratings:
    +2,465 / 22
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hello and welcome to this forum :)

You may want to take a look at the Wiki - the beginners section provides explanations and hints for a quick startup.

4. 300zx dragon

300zx dragon New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    I have already looked at the wiki and followed the instructions regarding installation before I posted. Thanks for the info though.

One example of an issue I mentioned, in the wiki it says that when you open the application there is a home screen. I assume it is referring to opening the Mediaportal in the programs folder, when I do that in my case it opens the configuration dialog. There is nothing in the install wiki that I did not do, I picked the correct options during install as it indicates. What am I missing?

5. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,221 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Welcome also from me :)

A direct answer to your questions...

It is completely normal for MP configuration to open first time you try to run MP. There are a few things - such as codec preferences, music and video folder locations, TV Server connection etc. - that should be configured before MP can really do anything useful.

In MP configuration on the left hand side you should see a "TV/Radio" entry with a little + symbol beside it. Click on the + and it will expand to show TV, radio and other configuration sub-sections.

Probably nothing. Just need to do a little configuration before you can expect to use MP.

I assume you've used TV Server configuration to scan in all your channels etc.?

If so, the next step is to configure the TV Server connection and TV codecs (LAV recommended - install from the MP Extension Manager) in MediaPortal configuration:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/141_Configuration/MediaPortal_Configuration/22_TV
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...nfiguration/9_Codecs_and_Renderer/1_TV_Codecs

After you've saved those settings (ie. click OK to close MP configuration) you'll be able to open MediaPortal itself and should be able to view TV.

Regards,
    mm

6. 300zx dragon

300zx dragon New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Thanks for the response, I will go through teh config and see what happens. But as far as the TV client is concerned as quoted below, I already did that and here is what I see:

upload_2014-10-20_16-34-44.png

I saw in some of the posts that there should be a "TV Client" tab on the right side, I do not see that?

7. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +8,221 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    There's no "TV client" tab anymore. Use the "TV/radio" section to configure the TV Server connection.

8. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +8,221 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!