No TV client, unable to launch MediaPortal only open MediaPOrtal configuration (1 Viewer)

300zx dragon

October 20, 2014
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello

I have windows 7 ultimate, 64 bit. I installed MediaPortal 1 using the singleseat option and clicked on Yes I will use media portal to watch tv, and selected MySQL 5 install, when completed all I see in the programs are the following:

upload_2014-10-20_13-17-51.png

If I click on Media Portal link in the programs above, which in my understanding should actually open the application I get the Media Portal Configuration to open and not actually the Media POrtal program.
Also, I do not see TV client under the configuration menu TV:

What am I doing wrong? where is TV client? where do I go to watch TV if the tuner is connected to this machine? I uninstalled and reinstalled twice, same results.

Attachments

• upload_2014-10-20_13-8-51.png
    upload_2014-10-20_13-8-51.png
    15.2 KB
  • upload_2014-10-20_13-17-38.png
    upload_2014-10-20_13-17-38.png
    25.5 KB

300zx dragon

October 20, 2014
Home Country
I have already looked at the wiki and followed the instructions regarding installation before I posted. Thanks for the info though.

One example of an issue I mentioned, in the wiki it says that when you open the application there is a home screen. I assume it is referring to opening the Mediaportal in the programs folder, when I do that in my case it opens the configuration dialog. There is nothing in the install wiki that I did not do, I picked the correct options during install as it indicates. What am I missing?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Welcome also from me :)

A direct answer to your questions...

If I click on Media Portal link in the programs above, which in my understanding should actually open the application I get the Media Portal Configuration to open and not actually the Media POrtal program.
    It is completely normal for MP configuration to open first time you try to run MP. There are a few things - such as codec preferences, music and video folder locations, TV Server connection etc. - that should be configured before MP can really do anything useful.

Also, I do not see TV client under the configuration menu TV:
    In MP configuration on the left hand side you should see a "TV/Radio" entry with a little + symbol beside it. Click on the + and it will expand to show TV, radio and other configuration sub-sections.

What am I doing wrong?
    Probably nothing. Just need to do a little configuration before you can expect to use MP.

where is TV client? where do I go to watch TV if the tuner is connected to this machine?
    I assume you've used TV Server configuration to scan in all your channels etc.?

If so, the next step is to configure the TV Server connection and TV codecs (LAV recommended - install from the MP Extension Manager) in MediaPortal configuration:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/141_Configuration/MediaPortal_Configuration/22_TV
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...nfiguration/9_Codecs_and_Renderer/1_TV_Codecs

After you've saved those settings (ie. click OK to close MP configuration) you'll be able to open MediaPortal itself and should be able to view TV.

Regards,
    mm

300zx dragon

October 20, 2014
    Home Country
    Thanks for the response, I will go through teh config and see what happens. But as far as the TV client is concerned as quoted below, I already did that and here is what I see:

upload_2014-10-20_16-34-44.png

I saw in some of the posts that there should be a "TV Client" tab on the right side, I do not see that?

In MP configuration on the left hand side you should see a "TV/Radio" entry with a little + symbol beside it. Click on the + and it will expand to show TV, radio and other configuration sub-sections.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I saw in some of the posts that there should be a "TV Client" tab on the right side, I do not see that?
    There's no "TV client" tab anymore. Use the "TV/radio" section to configure the TV Server connection.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom