No TV provider available (yet)? (1 Viewer)

Possibility

December 8, 2019
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Country flag
I installed media portal 2.2.2, rebooted, connected my hauppauge wintv-dualHD USB tv, connected my antenna to it. Ran the TV Configuration, it did the scan and found the channels. In the TV Channels tab, i select a channel and the Preview button, a little window pops up and plays the sound of the live TV, but the video is just pure white... I ignored that, clicked OK, started Media Portal 2, went to the TV and also the TV Guide and only get this error: No TV provider available (yet). I've restarted the computer several times, but to no avail. What gives?

The MP2-ServiceMonitor says:
Server Status
Disconnected from server

I have Windows 10 - 64bit, and the aforementioned hauppauge tv tuner.

Thanks for any help provided.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thanks for the super quick reply! WinTV must download the EPG, you're right. I thought it got sent in the data packets over the air. They don't charge anything for it, so I'm somewhat puzzled. As a matter of fact, I had Media Portal about 10 years or so ago..maybe longer as time flies. I know at the time, it was not free but...
Thanks for the super quick reply! WinTV must download the EPG, you're right. I thought it got sent in the data packets over the...
First, I am using Windows 7, Media Portal 2.32. I use the program for Satellite and ATSC TV. I live in the US. ATSC TV channels...
Replies
Views
To keep from uninstalling the WinTV 10 Tuner, I'll just use MP1's (manual control) & stop the TV server. This way both programs can be used. So far no-problems with stop & start MP1's TV server, when trying to use WinTV 10 tv screen.
To keep from uninstalling the WinTV 10 Tuner, I'll just use MP1's (manual control) & stop the TV server. This way both programs can...
After MP1 installment, the next step was to challenge behavior of the software with a "duel" tv tuner with screen watch & record...
Replies
Views
Interesting, unexpected and wrong! As you indicated, the co-axial onnectors were at fault. Nevertheless, your helpfulness has inspired me to get to grips with the problem, so, thank you very much again. Cheers Ralph
Interesting, unexpected and wrong! As you indicated, the co-axial onnectors were at fault. Nevertheless, your helpfulness has...
I use MP2 on Windows 10 64-bit. I use a Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD USB device and a dedicated TV aerial for this PC. I watch via...
Replies
Views
I completely uninstalled MP1 and installed MP2. Audio is now good. I'm relieved, and I suppose a little glad to have been forced to make the switch, because I'm already liking MP2 more. But still, the original problem remains a frustrating mystery.
I completely uninstalled MP1 and installed MP2. Audio is now good. I'm relieved, and I suppose a little glad to have been forced...
I am running 1.29 Pre-release on Windows 10 Pro. I use MP only to watch TV through my Hauppauge tuner card. I am suddenly getting...
Replies
Views
P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my office machine MP client. Same exact network, firewall, Defender settings. It's a slightly older version of Win 10 though - I haven't updated to 20Hx on it yet. Maybe I shouldn't (or maybe I should image it...
P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my...
Let me start by asking if anyone has TV Server running PROPERLY on a Windows 10 machine, and if so are you using RTSP or UNC share...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom