No TV Service (1 Viewer)

GaryKWebb

June 13, 2024
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi, I've recently installed Media Portal 2, having first removed an older version of MP1, but am having issues with live TV. It plays for a few seconds, but then freezes. I investigated a bit, and it seems to be connecting the home server to a 'genuine Autodesk' service. I've tried removing that and searching for other services, but that is the only one that appears. TVService does not appear at all in Task Manager or in Local Services. It did initially run for a while, just after installation, but not any more. Any ideas?

Windows 11,
Ryzen 2700X,
32GB,
AMD Radeon Pro 6800 32GB VRAM.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've recently installed Media Portal 2, having first removed an older version of MP1, but am having issues with live TV. It plays for a few seconds, but then freezes.
    Looking at recent activity on the web site, it has been 4 weeks since any of the MP2 developers have been active. They may be taking a short (or an extended) break. For this reason I would suggest that you uninstall MP2 and re-install MP1. The 1.33 version is recommended (in either the 32-bit or 64-bit version).

Also, it is pretty much impossible to diagnose a problem with the information that you have provided. If you have a problem, you should:
    • Use "MP Config" and "TV Server Config" to set the log levels to DEBUG (separately for each).
    • Run your test.
    • Use the MP Log Collector to collect all of the logs into a single zip file.
    • Attach that zip file to this thread.
    -- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom