No TV when EPG Updating on Dual tuner (1 Viewer)

GrahamB

September 26, 2011
Home Country
England England
Hi,
I am new to Media Portal and have just downloaded version 1.2.0.0 Final.
Although not a major issue I have found that when the EPG is updating if I start MediaPortal to watch TV I get a blank screen.
I have a BlackGold Dual USB Tuner and assumed that if the first tuner was being used by the EPG then Media Portal would automatically use the second tuner for TV. To watch TV I have to Manually change tuners in TV Server.

Regards GrahamB

hafblade

Portal Pro
January 19, 2011
Trier, Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
In the MediaPortal configuration you are able to say that the system shouldn't update EPG while recording/timeshifting.
With this option you are able to watch TV whenever you want but you have to crap EPG after/before watching TV i.e. in the night.

Another possibility would be to use the WebEPG plugin which comes with MediaPortal to crap EPG data.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi and welcome GrahamB :)

I am new to Media Portal and have just downloaded version 1.2.0.0 Final.
    You've posted in a MediaPortal 2 bug report forum so is it okay if we move this thread to a more appropriate place?

Although not a major issue I have found that when the EPG is updating if I start MediaPortal to watch TV I get a blank screen.
    I have a BlackGold Dual USB Tuner and assumed that if the first tuner was being used by the EPG then Media Portal would automatically use the second tuner for TV.
    It can and it should.

To watch TV I have to Manually change tuners in TV Server.
    This should not be necessary if you've set things up correctly.

Make sure you have mapped your channels to both tuners so that TV Server knows that it can use either one of them to tune all your channels.

mm

GrahamB

September 26, 2011
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi,

Thank you for your very prompt replies, I have now mapped my tuners hopefully this will solve the problem.
    I apologise for posting in the wrong forum, by all means move my post to the appropriate forum.

Once again thank you for you assistance,

Regards GrahamB

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

Thank you for your very prompt replies, I have now mapped my tuners hopefully this will solve the problem.
    I apologise for posting in the wrong forum, by all means move my post to the appropriate forum.

Once again thank you for you assistance,

Regards GrahamB

Hi,

I move this post to proper sub-forum.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom