No TV (1 Viewer)

ceybie

Portal Member
October 12, 2007
Leuven
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hello,

Until yesterday I've been using Mediaportal 1.0.2.0 with great success. Today I decided to install the latest version (1.2.1). I completely de-installed the old version and did a clean install of the new version. Installation was successful.
In the TV-server config I see my TV card(s), and I was able to scan for channels. However if I want to preview any channel, it gives me a black screen, which I cannot close without closing the configuration all together.
If I start up MediaPortal, go to TV, and set tv on, I get nothing and MediaPortal freezes (have to use task manager to kill it).

I can still watch TV using WinTV.

Thanks in advance for any help!

MediaPortal Version: 1.2.1
MediaPortal Skin: DefaultWide
Windows Version: Windows XP sp3
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64x2 4200+
HDD: Western Digital 250
Memory: 2x1024DDR2
Motherboard: Asus M2A-VM HDMi
Video Card: ATI Radeon Xpress 1250
Video Card Driver: 6.14.10.6666
Sound Card: Realtek
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.5391
1. TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV PVR500
1. TV Card Type: analog
1. TV Card Driver: 2.0.48.25037
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Telenet
HTPC Case: Silverstone LC14
Cooling:
Power Supply: Seagate
Remote: Soundgraph iMON
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection: S-video

Attachments

• TV Cards.jpg
    TV Cards.jpg
    225.5 KB
  • Preview TV.jpg
    Preview TV.jpg
    247.7 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi ceybie

The issue is that you haven't set your codec preferences. Set those correctly and MP will work.
    Regarding the preview issue: you can close the black window by clicking the red 'x' in the top right corner. Again, the reason why there is no video (or audio?) there is a codec problem. Use filmerit (or similar) to set the merits of the codecs that you have installed in your system and all should start working.

mm

ceybie

Portal Member
    October 12, 2007
    Leuven
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi, thanks for your reply.

If I try to close the Preview window, it goes from black to white but doesn't close. If I click the red cross again after a few seconds, it closes together with the TV-server configuration screen.

My TV codecs were set like this: (see attachment)

I have following options:

MPEG-2 Video decoder: Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD8), Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder(HomeNetwork), DScaler Mpeg2 Video Decoder, Hauppauge WinTV MPEG2 Muxer, InterVideo NonCSS Video Decode for Hauppauge, MPC - MPEG-2 Video Decoder (Gabest)
    H.264 Video decoder: CyberLink H.264/AVC Decoder (PDVD8) (=> no choice here)

I have tried with all of them (selecting them in MediaPortal Configuration, closing configuration, opening TV-server configuration and trying to preview a channel), without any luck.

Attachments

• TV Codecs.jpg
      TV Codecs.jpg
      200.5 KB

ceybie

Portal Member
    October 12, 2007
    Leuven
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I finally got TV working now! I changed the Video codec from within MediaPortal itself (settings menu) and then it worked. I don't know why it's not working from the MediaPortal Configuration. Preview in the TV-server config is still not working.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again ceybie

I'm glad you got TV working. I guess this means that the issue is to do with saving of your codec preferences. How are you closing MP config after you make the changes? What happens if you go to a different section before closing configuration? Regarding preview: as mentioned above, use filmerit to manage the merit of your codecs. Preview does not use the same settings as MP.

mm

ceybie

Portal Member
    October 12, 2007
    Leuven
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I am just closing MediaPortal configuration with the OK button. It indeed looks like changes to the codecs are not saved from within the MP config. There's nothing special when I go to a different section in the config.
    Preview is not so important for me, now that the TV is working inside MP. Btw, I have no idea what merits are.
    Thanks for the support!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom