'No URL' error on Youtube videos only (1 Viewer)

wanderingtripod

Portal Member
November 19, 2011
Home Country
Been trying out this nice plugin for the last couple of days and it seems to work great for almost all websites I use (ABC iview, discovery, etc). Only issue is that I'm unable to play any youtube videos in any format, (flv/mp4/webm), each time I try it just returns the 'unable to playback no url' error.

Downloading an .flv from youtube and playing through WMP/etc works fine. Tried SAF 6 also, didn't solve the issue, so I went back to Shark007's codec pack which I was using previously. Also tried using VMR instead of EVR by changing it through the mediaportal config, no change, and swapping between ffdshow/LAV/MPC video/audio filters didn't help either. Have updated all via the sitemanager menu too. Spent a good few hours trying to get it to work but I'm completely out of ideas. :/

Log and graphstudio screenshots attached

Attachments

• Current setup.jpg
    Current setup.jpg
    186.4 KB
  • Alt.jpg
    Alt.jpg
    183.5 KB

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can spot an error in the log:
    IFileSourceFilter.Load returned '-2146697208' (Hex 800C0008) which seems to be a generic network error. I find it really puzzling that you get this only on Youtube?

There must be some config in your network or setup that is blocking or somehow doing something to request to youtube, I cannot explain it any other way?

wanderingtripod

Portal Member
    November 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Hahaha, never would have guessed a network issue was at the root of the problem, seeing as everything else worked, as did searching for youtube videos.

When you mentioned a network issue I remembered google/youtube are supporting IPv6 now. My ISP (Internode) runs IPv4/IPv6 dual-stack natively. Disabling IPv6 on my HTPC's adapter got it working right away. Not the most elegant solution but thankfully I have no urgent need for IPv6 on the HTPC at this moment so it'll do till a better one comes along. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom