MediaPortal Version: Latest
MediaPortal Skin: original
Windows Version: XP SP2
CPU Type: Core2Duo 2.14
Memory: 1GB RAM
Video Card: nVidia 7600
'

Hello guys, im newbie, in this

I tried to install latest version and everythings is ok, but I can t see video. DivX, mpeg2, DVD.. onlu blackscreen but sound is ok. I can play this videos in normal media player, but not in mediaportal. I have instaled ffdshow video decoder..

What can I do?

dsmp

Portal Member
October 6, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have similar Issue, a little different

This is my first post here and I want to thanks to Mediaportal Team for the project, if now is not the best media center software, will be in the future!!!.

I've been using MP for about a month now, with almost 0 problems..on my old HTPC intel celeron 2.9Ghz, 512MB ram, 160 IDE disks 7200 rpm and ATI 9600 video card, Windows Media Center, I used on monitor or sony 1080 TV...some movies, concerts videos, etc. everything was working good on a single drive C: system. I used 0.2.3RC and time to time installed some SVN snapshop, no problem ever...(except after 0.2.3.0 the My Music Videos plugin stop to work as before, just always I have to search for the artist, etc.) Normally using NVIDIA purevideo codec. (yes, with ATI card)

November 30:
I have my new HTPC harware ready..AMD athlon 64 X2 4000 (2.1ghz), 1Gb ram PC2 6400 (800Mhz), mobo biostar TF7050 (check here http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=2111)
First, for testing I used an very old disk 40Gb and installed windows XP Media Center, all drivers from the CD of the mobo, MP 0.2.3.0 that I have, did some test, WMV HD test to see if the video card was ok, everything perfect, with HD content only 30% of the processor used without overclock, etc.

Attached my existing MP disk and start to use the content from that disk and everything was working as usual... but much faster (the boot disk was only 5Gb and FAT filesystem) then I backup my original MP disk 160GB to install windows again on the new hardware....

Yesterday Dec 1, All software ok, drivers, etc., MP 0.2.3.0 same copy installed ok, two partitions in the first disk 30GB and 130GB...other SATA disk with 320GB single partition, all NTFS...windows XP pro, (the same everything), restored all my media to the 130GB partition, tested everything workinf perfect on 1080i, as the mobo includes HDMI the sound was used thru HDMI cable, perfect... the upconvertion from standar DVD was amazing good.. HD WMV test perfect, etc...

Today Dec 2:
For some reason I no remember what I did on night before very late... all MPEG videos and DVD videos from actual DVD on drive or just those ripped to disk... was playing on slow motion, perfect slow motion and the HD WMV was playing perfect, so the problem was with MPEG content only...I spent all day, changin codecs, configuraitons, etc. and nothing.... and in two of the movies start always with a BLACK SCREEN forever...then I noted that was because started to play at a very rare end on the movie, for example like on 1hour 59 minutes, then if I hit next chapter, the movie start on slow motion on the chapter 2....

After almost a day, I came with the fact that, if I install MP and star to play the videos, everything is fine, then if I reboot the computer, next time everything tart on slow motion again ... the BLACK SCREEN was always the same before and after reboot for those two movies.

With all this problem, Windows Media Player was OK with all the material, HD or SD or ripped or actual DVD.

Then I removed MP software and applied all windows updates including WMP 11...then I installed MP 0.2.3.0 again (I lost how many times I resintalled) and the videos back to normal, I rebooted and normal, now the only problem is that BLACK SCREEN on two of the movies..and no audio.

On that movies the problem is the same: Every time I try to play it, teh resume time some times is real and sometime is on very long values like 2:32:00 or 88 minutes, if the resume time is normal, will play the movie with no problem from that point... but if I say that NO (start from begining) the movie starts (on black screen) and after 2 o 3 seconds goes to the end and live for ever... this two movies have some empty seconds of video on the begining, but I'm player the same content I had before and was playing perfect, and WMP plays perfect...

Attached is the zip file with the reports from MP debug so if somebody can take a look...

Resume:
My BLACK SCREEN problem is because the video jump from the 3 o 5 second to the end of the movie (on those first seconds there is a black creen), I noted using my remote control pressing " (i) more " button.. you can see how it does..
The slow motion MPEG video was fixed after Windows Media PLayer 11 and other updates.

I'm sorry for the length of the text but this may help others.

I'll test with windows Media Center on this new hardware to see what about the BLACK SCREEN...

Thanks
Denis.

tripsi

December 2, 2007
No I havent. Its new clear installation of windows. Only drivers installed and media portal. Nothing else. :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom