No Video (movies) description in share view (1 Viewer)

windykiwis

Portal Member
February 18, 2008
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Help! I have just built a HTPC for my brother and it all is going - except I can not get the movie descriptions to show when you are scrolling through the movie names in the share view (or any view). The IMDB info is there because if you use the info button and then IMDB option its there. In the attached word doc the first pic is the share view and the second pic is the IMDB view. The other pics are the Video Database settings.

Some history. It was a complete new build on windows 10, on a new PC. I installed MP 1.14 and all was well. Perfect. Including the video descriptions. I then took it to my brothers and all was well till I decided to change the name of the PC. Then I got into a circle where it would not open the server config, but insisted I needed to go into server config to change the name. It would not let me delete or uninstall the database, or do a clean reinstall. In the end I found a thread about using a command line Kill of the TVService, then I could do a complete uninstall and I reinstalled using 1.15. Then I noticed the lack of description. I reset and rest the database, grabbers, anything I could click, nothing - I then installed 1.14. Still no descriptions dispute doing all the grabbers and scans again.

Attachments

• No Video Description.doc
    538 KB

windykiwis

Portal Member
February 18, 2008
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
SOLVED - I did get this working. In fact there was no issue, it was just a matter of time. Having completed the scan it needed a couple of hours to do something, perhaps build the database. Problem was that I was just not giving it enough time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom