No Video when playing TV recording (1 Viewer)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    please move this thread here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ly-sound-no-video-displayed-86619/#post719880

It's clearly a bug, same problem experienced by multiple people, with different config.
    the thread contains lots of useful info.

Only 4 people seeing this problem, and only one set of logs. I don't think there is enough evidence yet that there is a real problem rather than some sort of configuration error. Is SAF a common factor? What type of channels does this happen with (SD, HD, MPEG2, h264)?

If this is going to be looked at, a 'proper' bug report needs to be made.

Best wishes,

Mark

Al_Capone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    SD, MPEG2.
    ok, let's be difficult with this one, the logs do not really say anything about this in cleartext, I assume it's just the demuxer/codecs that have problems with the recorded data.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    SD, MPEG2.
    ok, let's be difficult with this one, the logs do not really say anything about this in cleartext, I assume it's just the demuxer/codecs that have problems with the recorded data.

The problem here is that if someone on the team who understood these things was seeing this issue, they would have fixed it.

There is no way to find out enough about your system, and what is going on with it, without the logs.

Mark

Al_Capone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    yes, will make some logs, but again: the .ts files are the source of the problem - I would rather expect somebody to say "upload the defective .ts" - there is NO errors while recording, only that some recordings does not start with the data they should.
    I may even guess that a .ts should start with a keyframe, and these files maybe do not.
    so - if there's somewhere I can upload a 650MB .ts, that should help more.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    I had a quick look at the logs that were provided and there was some potential things there but even the single set of logs were not in debug mode :(

The two recordings that would not play were reported as 704x576 at 25p where as the one that would play was 720x576 at 50i (a standard broadcast res)

So whether this has anything to do with it I don't know, whether you are seeing the same problem I do not know (as there are no logs) also tsreader log was only for successful playback so does not really help.

Basically if you want support on this you must provide full debug level logs (using the debug option from start menu to turn of all third party plugins) and simply open MP, wait about 20 seconds for all the startup stuff to finish, attempt to play recording, wait for about 10 seconds then stop and close MP.

Quite simple, without this, we are unable to do anything

Al_Capone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Jameson_uk; thanks for pointing out my failure in creating good logs, and explaining how.
    the original thread is updated now, I suggest we stick to that one.
    If I can help in any other way, please tell me.

kkozma

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2009
    Dayton, OH
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Sorry it took me so long to get these posted, it's been a busy week!. Here are the logs of my machine exhibiting this behavior. Just an FYI: The recording of CSI Miami I made the following week plays without issue.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    For anyone reading this in the future: discussion moved to -->here<--.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom