No Video??? (1 Viewer)

jona78

Portal Pro
May 4, 2010
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
PLEASE could someone help me?
Not sure were to post this as I'm at a loss as to what's causing the problem. For months now when I open movies or tv series within media portal on occasion I receive audio but no video just a black screen? However, I can't pin point the root cause.
I have run filmerit which returns no errors with my codecs, I have tried K-lite codec's, lav, shark & am currently using CCCP but I have the same error regardless of which pack I use.
I load media portal, play a movie then I receive audio no video. I restart media portal using the tool bar at the top of the screen, media portal restarts I play the video and it works fine video and audio!
Sometimes I have to restart three or four time before it works but it gets there in the end. This is becoming really frustrating and any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm running in debug mode but do not have any logs to post as it's not throwing up any errors .
I have also tried a clean install of windows and reinstalled MP but I still get the same thin happening.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am running MP 1.2.2 & StreamedMP skin.
Many thanks in advance for any help.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Could you please add your Systemspecs? (e.g. which GFX you have etc...)
    Thanks!

Else I would say its some kind of codec issue... do you use the latest graphic card driver? Which driver version do you use?

jona78

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2010
    Home Country
    Hi ,thanks for your response. I have filled in my system specs...... My graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS and the driver I am using is 296.10.
    Not sure if it will help but I've attached the last logs generated.However, this no video error happens frequently and no logs are generated as a rule.

Are you sure this is codec related? As it appears to happen no matter what codec pack I use.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you!
    I don't see anything strange in your logs.
    Does this only happen with .mp4 files? You could upgrade or downgrade your GFX driver and hopefully this will help!
    Are you using LAV Codecs?

jona78

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2010
    Home Country
    Thank you
    It happens with all files. I just don't understand it, I load mp open a movie and I get a black screen with audio only.Restart mp open the same movie and it works fine. I am currently using CCCP codec pack, should I uninstall and install LAV codecs then?

THanks again.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You can try this, yes.
    LAV performs good. Check also LAV Video Settings and see if it makes any difference if you set CUVID, DXVA2, DXVA Copyback or none there..

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes.. see screenshot:
    223guh6.png

See option "Hardware decoder to use". You can access the settings via LAV Video start menu entry.

jona78

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2010
    Home Country
    thank you so much.Please forgive my ignorance but is it LAV filters or LAV Cuvid decoder I am downloading? Do you have a link so that I know I'm downloading the correct thing.
    Manny thanks again for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom