No Video??? (2 Viewers)

jona78

Portal Pro
May 4, 2010
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Brilliant! I can't thank you enough.I will try this as soon as I can get near my pc and I' ll let you know how I get on.

Thanks again for taking the time to help me out.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hopefully some of the settings will work (CUVID, DXVA2 etc..).
    Else you only could try to update your GFX drivers.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hopefully some of the settings will work (CUVID, DXVA2 etc..).
    Else you only could try to update your GFX drivers.

jona78

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2010
    Home Country
    Morning Holzi
    That appeared to work fine. I did exactly as you advised and everything worked fine last night. I loaded MP about 6 or 7 times and movies played with video and audio no problem.However, when I switched my pc on this morning and loaded mp, went to play a movie and it's back no video just a black screen but full audio??? Absolutely gutted!!!:mad:. Any further suggestions?

Thank you

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    I see no advantage in using later drivers, in fact for a lot of older cards video playback has been affected badly by anything after 250.xx, maybe rollback to 186.18 found here http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?cat=32&sort=0&page=3

That one supports your card and has gpu resizing if needed, every driver after that till the 270.xx it is broken on.

jona78

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2010
    Home Country
    Hi Holzi/Ray

I did install the latest graphics card driver but I have now downloaded the 186.18 driver Ray has suggested. I will rollback to this one when I get home after work.
    Not sure if I'm using automatic refresh rate changer, I will check that too. I will advise the results this evening.

Many thanks to you both.

jona78

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2010
    Home Country
    Hi again
    I am now set up to use automatic refreshrate changer and have rolled back my graphics card driver.However, the problem persists, it's less frequent but it still happens quite regular. Sorry to keep pestering but do you have any more ideas?

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom