non scrolling home (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Hey all,
I'm interested in making a skin or modifying an existing one for use with a touch screen.
I will only be using 6 menu items on the home page. I would like to have them positioned on the main screen with a large icon and text for each item so they are easily pressable with a finger.
Is it possible to do this? I see everything has the scrolling main menu. I take it this is in the application itself and not just the skin. Could someone point me in the right direction with regards to main menu item.
I'm also trying to figure out how to enlarge fonts in the music and videos plugin. Different skins seem to do fonts differently. Is there any way i should follow in particular?

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    there is no way to make a Skin without scrolling Buttons with the new Version of MP.
    Only you use an older Version of MP without scrolling Buttons
    Then you can position the Buttons with the xml File´s.

Harley

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    We don't make this an option as you never know how many plugins will be used.

It is maybe a nice idea to make a menu only scroll when you have more than items on the list as the list is large.
    Will pass this idea on.

A

Anonymous

is it possible to orient the menu horizontally, or like the icon view in mymusic? Big icons and a title underneath?
    If not, should I put this in as a feature request? I know making it touchscreen friendly is in there already, this kind of goes under there.

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    There r people allready using this with a touch screen.
    So I'm sure it is fine ?

A

Anonymous

It's alright if an optional mymusic style meny won't be built into the home. I see home is a plugin itself. would it be possible to make my own plugin and replace the home plugin? Does it provide more funcionality than simply displaying the menu and bringing the requested plugin to the front?
    Or does it actually handle loading all the other plugins and more?

I guess my main issue is that when there are only a few meny items, they repeat. With only 4 items for example, you an item duplicated.
    This instance of media portal will be running in my car. It's the perfect application. It just needs some refinements with regards to being really 'at a glance' user friendly, with no input other than a finger on a touchscreen. It's 95% there. It's saving me from developing my own interface from scratch. So i'm totally willing to develop a plugin or two for these few needs.

butcherBoy

Portal Pro
    September 7, 2004
    Germany
    hi!

it would be a nice feature to optional change the scrolling behaviour. now, the overlay jumps to the next button until the end of the button area is reached and the text scrolls up or down. it would be really nice to let the overlay stay in the middle and let the text scroll up or down over the overlay. so the focus stays always in the middle.

what do you think about it?

the butcher

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    some things r what they r...
    and I really do not want silly options like that invading in MP.
    it's the kitchen sink story....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom