[nonafo] - !!!!overscan friendly with latest SVN!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Brijn

Portal Pro
June 13, 2005
North vancouver, Canada
I continue to be amazed

Absolutely amazing what creative people can do! I wish I could come up with something like this..

I hope that you will find time and inspiration to finish it... It looks promizing!!

bigj

Portal Pro
January 10, 2005
This is a nice design.

One point, I'd like to take the opportunity to urge designers to consider the overscan of CRT TVs. This means you can not place GUI elements near the edges. Current blue2 and mce skins work just fine.
Actually reading the wiki on this - it seems manufacturers build overscan into nonCRT TVs too - LCDs etc.

Essentially, about 5% total resolution is lost:

eg. For SD PAL(NTSC in brackets)

720×576(480) limited to 680×550(450)

See:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Display_resolution

mofux

Portal Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2006
    Dresden, Germany
    ok guys, now you can give some peanuts to me - i got the weather overlay working! frodo told me some basics of overlaying and so i have been able to write a plugin that is able to show you your current weather everywhere! the plugin hasn't been tested that much and is currently only loading data saved on the disk (from myWeather plugin) but i think the first step is done.

new_weatheroverlay.jpg

mofux

Portal Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2006
    Dresden, Germany
    YEHAW, it's getting late and the plugin is now able to update itself from the internet with a given refresh interval. let's see tomorrow (today) how stable it is (as i used very poor exception handling).

Molokoids

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2004
    weather overlay.... That's cool !

Hope you won't keep it to yourself and let the other skin developpers know how that works ;)

(Dresden is a beautiful city by the way)

mofux

Portal Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2006
    Dresden, Germany
    Thanks for all these great replies! i just finished the my Weather screen, hope you like it. The weather overlay is also working without any problems as i can say now.

new_myweather.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom