noob question about a 360 remote (1 Viewer)

jbnonn

April 4, 2008
I know there is many post about this remote, but i could not find anything on my question. so here goes.

I got a 360 remote, and would like to start using MP. Does this remote work well, and can it be programed at all, also I have no IR receiver, so what would be a good receiver to use. Or would it just be best to purchase a MCE remote and receiver, since it will work out of the box with MP. Plan on doing alot of config. of MP, so I want to be flexable with my remote too. Any help would be nice.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    You're best off to just buy an MCE remote. it's very cheap and comes with two blasters (to control other IR equipment from your PC) and also the proper IR receiver. The X-box 360 remote should work with it too, although I had trouble getting the arrow buttons to work, of all things.

Depending on where you are, the MCE remote will cost around AU$60.

jamiro

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi Marcusb
    How did you get the arrow buttons to work? I have a 360 remote I am trying to get to work with MP.

The direction arrows, OK button, vol up and down plus the number pad do not work, everything else is fine.

I know I probably need to edit the mce xml file, but I am clueless on how to do this, and have struggled to find any useful info on the forum and manual on how to.

Any help or pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks

jamiro

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Home Country
    I discovered the IR Server Suite, WOW! This is great and I now have the remote doing everything I need it to. Something like this should be a part of MP rather than a separate download.

Support for the Xbox 360 remote should also be considered for future releases of MP, I'm sure this would be a common remote.

smokeman

Portal Member
    December 1, 2004
    I agree

I have a 360 emote, and it is a very nice remote.
    built in support would be nice, especially on notebook with built in ir port.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom